Tragical Express

cjsings2

Original Poster
We waited for over an hour for our ME bus to pick us up at the Beach Club last night to get us to the airport. Long frustrating story made short- BC ended up getting us a Mears Taxi to take us which BC paid for. On top of that it took over 2 hours for us to get from the airport to our resort when we arrived. Inexcusable!!

Weather_Lady

That is inexcusable (doubly so, since it happened to you both ways).

So it begins. "We're so sorry about the wait -- but for just $150, you can use our fabulous Minnie Van service instead..."

CaptainAmerica

I'm sorry, what's the problem exactly? Magical Express allows three hours from pickup time to flight departure time. It sounds like you were served within that time frame.

Weather_Lady

I'm sorry, what's the problem exactly? Magical Express allows three hours from pickup time to flight departure time. It sounds like you were served within that time frame.

The way I read the original post, they were never "served" by DME at all. It sounded like they showed up for their DME bus at the appointed time -- which would typically be 3 hours before their flight was to depart, as you mention -- but then they waited for over an hour and DME still hadn't arrived to take them to the airport. At that point, depending on how much later the bus was going to be, the length of security lines and their airport's policies concerning when you must arrive at the gate, they would have been in very real danger of missing their flight if they continued to wait for DME, which is why a cab was provided. Although it all turned out alright in the end, DME clearly dropped the ball.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Although it all turned out alright in the end, DME dropped the ball.
DME is run by Mears and Mears sent the taxi. Waiting an hour and then getting a direct cab is no worse (IMO) than waiting five minutes and getting on a bus that has to stop at three other resorts before it even leaves property.

Weather_Lady

DME is run by Mears and Mears sent the taxi. Waiting an hour and then getting a direct cab is no worse (IMO) than waiting five minutes and getting on a bus that has to stop at three other resorts before it even leaves property.

Maybe not, if you know that's what's going to happen and don't have to stress about a bus that isn't showing up or fret about the possibility that you may have to secure and pay for your own alternative transportation. I still think that DME dropped the ball here: DME is advertised as a stress-free, effortless way to get back to the airport, and it sounds like this couple had the opposite experience. Is it a biggie in the big scheme of things? Of course not, but it's an example of a small thing that didn't run the way it was supposed to.

jaklgreen

I am surprised that you were not put on the next bus. The magical express buses are usually around every 1/2 hour or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom