Toy Story Land Opening Day Fastpass

RMichael21

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I book my Fastpasses tomorrow at 7:00 am sharp! It just so happens that the last day of our trip coincides with the grand opening of Toy Story Land, so we figured we'd try it out. We're just looking to have a cool and fun experience opening day, see what we can do (expectations are low). We're park hopping to MK probably at around 2-3 pm.

I wouldn't be surprised if SDD FastPasses are completely gone at this point for opening day due to the 60+14 day rule, so between Alien Swirling Saucers and TSMM, which attraction should I snag a Fastpass for?

My current thought was to hopefully get TSMM for around 9:30 (park opens at 8), rope drop Slinky and just hop in line at A.S.S. when we're done.

Also, We're staying at the Swan, so getting the DHS gates should be no difficultly. But, what time do y'all think we should show up to be able to rope drop slinky successfully on opening day?

RMichael21

Original Poster
Good luck, hope you can get fast pass for Slinky Dog, I’m guessing most will want that as it’s new, let us know how you get on
Was only able to get TSMM for the morning. SDD completely gone for the day and A.S.S. was gone until around 6 or 7. We're park hopping to MK around 2 to 3, so TSMM was the only option.

nickys

Premium Member
Hey everyone! I book my Fastpasses tomorrow at 7:00 am sharp! It just so happens that the last day of our trip coincides with the grand opening of Toy Story Land, so we figured we'd try it out. We're just looking to have a cool and fun experience opening day, see what we can do (expectations are low). We're park hopping to MK probably at around 2-3 pm.

I wouldn't be surprised if SDD FastPasses are completely gone at this point for opening day due to the 60+14 day rule, so between Alien Swirling Saucers and TSMM, which attraction should I snag a Fastpass for?

My current thought was to hopefully get TSMM for around 9:30 (park opens at 8), rope drop Slinky and just hop in line at A.S.S. when we're done.

Also, We're staying at the Swan, so getting the DHS gates should be no difficultly. But, what time do y'all think we should show up to be able to rope drop slinky successfully on opening day?

On opening day, my guess is the place will be mobbed. Queues will probably be forming once the parking lot opens. I would treat it as Pandora. Get there 90 minutes early if you really intend to try rope dropping Slinky Dog.

RMichael21

Original Poster
On opening day, my guess is the place will be mobbed. Queues will probably be forming once the parking lot opens. I would treat it as Pandora. Get there 90 minutes early if you really intend to try rope dropping Slinky Dog.
I was planning on leaving the hotel at 6:00/6:15 (park opens at 8) and get in line. Then, my family would join me a short time later.

I booked TSMM at 9:55 am which should give us ample time to experience both new attractions (at most about 3 hours) before our FP and dining reservation at Sci-Fi Dine In at 11:05. Then, after lunch, I booked TOT and RNRC FP, before we park hope.

ZachPL

Went to book one of the new rides this morning as today is my 60 day, slinky dog is already 100% booked and alien only had times past 7:30. (for a group of 3)

I also when to book FoP the day before this morning and those are all gone too :(

nickys

Premium Member
Went to book one of the new rides this morning as today is my 60 day, slinky dog is already 100% booked and alien only had times past 7:30. (for a group of 3)

I also when to book FoP the day before this morning and those are all gone too :(

FOP is still very hard to get before day 3 or 4 of a trip. I expect the new TSL rides, especially Slinky, will be similarly hard to get. Maybe not to the same extent but certainly at Day 60 or 60+1.

ZachPL

FOP is still very hard to get before day 3 or 4 of a trip. I expect the new TSL rides, especially Slinky, will be similarly hard to get. Maybe not to the same extent but certainly at Day 60 or 60+1.

I was just surprised 62 days before I go to animal kingdom that all FoP are booked, thought at least some would be open. I've never been on it as we were there just before it opened last year, just have to rope drop it.

wdworlandlover

I was just surprised 62 days before I go to animal kingdom that all FoP are booked, thought at least some would be open. I've never been on it as we were there just before it opened last year, just have to rope drop it.
Keep trying! There weren’t any Fastpasses left for FOP when I initially booked 60 days out. I checked a couple of times a day, and last week there were times available. I’m going Memorial Day week. I’ll actually be at AK on Memorial Day, and ended up getting FP for my party of 4 for 8:20 AM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom