towel animals

hrmom26

Original Poster
OK i need help settling an argument. i went to Disney last march and i tipped 3 dollars a day for mousekeeping and was left a towel animal witch my kids went crazy over they thought it was so cute. when i left at the end of my stay i left the towel animal behind to thinking it was Disney property well two different family members and one Friend/neighbor also went to Disney two to WDW and one too Disney land they all got towel animals and they all brought them home with them they seem to think the mousekeeping staff made it for them so they could keep it. so who is right? do you keep the towel animal or not? be truthful did you bring yours home??

Tigger1988

I usually leave them, but this past trip it was done up so nicely, complete with sticker eyes, and a bow, that I couldn't leave it behind.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think they're technically not meant to be taken home, like taking robes, sheets and towels from a regular hotel room. Because well - they are towels and such.

But, since towels and washcloths get destroyed, taken home on accident, etc.. so often, no one gets dinged for taking one home. But no, you shouldn't clear them out.

For example, at AKL recently, I got a teddy bear over my sink a giant swan near by closet area - and well, to be honest, i didn't have many towels or washcloths left in my room otherwise. I think they expect you to undo the towel animals and use them if you need the towels.

Well, had i taken the towel animals home with me, i think my room would have been left washclothless - and someone might have noticed and my room could of been charged.

Teenchy

Mine are on Ebay for $29.99 here is the link if your interested.......just kidding but I wouldnt put it past someone.:D

We have take home one in the past, but usually just take pictures of them as others have mentioned.

KrazyKowboy

And you wonder why prices keep going up at the parks and resorts ?
Adorable as they are, the resorts do not intend for you to take them home.

I work for the world's largest textile rental service and we serve some of the largest resort areas in the nation. One of the most important aspects of our service includes inventory control. Our service agreement with the resort includes charges for unreturned inventory. When linens are returned to our plant for processing they are identified by bar codes attached to each linen bag. The linens are sorted and counted by an infared device as they are put into bins before they are sent to the washers. That is how we know the quantity returned and amount to send back to the resort on the next delivery.

Once a month we do shelf invetory and shortages are billed to the resort. Charges for missing items are generally about $1.00 per washcloth, $2.50 per hand towel, and $6.00 per bath towel.

If you're taking those animals home, charges can add up for the resorts quite quickly.

So take a picture, and think again when you complain about rates being so high.

kcnole

yep people take them and for the most part Disney doesn't say anything because I guess a couple dollars isn't worth the negative complaint. You aren't supposed to take them though. You didn't pay for the towels so they're technically not yours to take.

mufasa

After dumping thousands of dollars at each WDW vacation a $2.50 used hand towel is about as statistically "in the noise" as it can get. There's a bunny in our bathroom anyway. :D

:eek: Where did that peacock on our bathroom ledge come from?!!
Seriously, really thought that was from the resort. Was on our bed when we returned so we thought it was a present. If it had been in the bathroom would have left it.

Rosenrot

If it was something really cute, or signifigant in some way...I don't know if I could leave it behind :p At least not if we already had enough towels and such...

Rosenrot

And you wonder why prices keep going up at the parks and resorts ?
Adorable as they are, the resorts do not intend for you to take them home.

I work for the world's largest textile rental service and we serve some of the largest resort areas in the nation. One of the most important aspects of our service includes inventory control. Our service agreement with the resort includes charges for unreturned inventory. When linens are returned to our plant for processing they are identified by bar codes attached to each linen bag. The linens are sorted and counted by an infared device as they are put into bins before they are sent to the washers. That is how we know the quantity returned and amount to send back to the resort on the next delivery.

Once a month we do shelf invetory and shortages are billed to the resort. Charges for missing items are generally about $1.00 per washcloth, $2.50 per hand towel, and $6.00 per bath towel.

If you're taking those animals home, charges can add up for the resorts quite quickly.

So take a picture, and think again when you complain about rates being so high.

...but wow, you really make some good points. Perhaps leaving them behind and just having a picture is the right thing to do.

wjaye918

I wondered the same thing. On our trip in February, we stayed at Pop Century. We tipped a few dollars each day but only got one towel animal. Actually, it was a doll. The cutest thing I have ever seen!It was complete with stickers for eyes, polk-a-dots and a red ribbon on the waist and wrists. We DID take it home. I do think that if we somehow got more than 1, we would only take 1. Has anyone ever gotten more than 1 per trip? Do they do this at Moderate resorts as well? I have only stayed at Value so far. Going to Caribbean Beach in November!!

Rosenrot

I wondered the same thing. On our trip in February, we stayed at Pop Century. We tipped a few dollars each day but only got one towel animal. Actually, it was a doll. The cutest thing I have ever seen!It was complete with stickers for eyes, polk-a-dots and a red ribbon on the waist and wrists. We DID take it home. I do think that if we somehow got more than 1, we would only take 1. Has anyone ever gotten more than 1 per trip? Do they do this at Moderate resorts as well? I have only stayed at Value so far. Going to Caribbean Beach in November!!

Sorry for not answering your question, this is just a comment...

...I'm going to be at Caribbean Beach at the same time as you! :lol:

ToddnMelindaG

We have 2...

We stayed at Pop Century last year.

And we thought the towel animals were cute so I actually called down to the front desk and asked them. She told me that they don't know which rooms the maids leave them so it was okay for us to take them. So I asked first before taking something that wasn't mine.

We leave for Florida in 6 days.
Mel

Tigger1988

Yea the one I got was like that, with stickers and ribbon, way to cute to leave there. It was actually so involved that it had rubber bands holding parts together. So cute. I stayed at Old Key West when I got it, so its not just value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom