Touring Plans or not

RustyBridges

Has anyone used a touring plan during the summer and found it successful? Any opinions are appreciated.

Everytime we have went, we kind just do what we want, but I was thinking of using a touring plan this time.

I recommend

Years ago when on vacation with my in-laws, my mother in law used a touring plan (which I tried to ignore). I didn't appreciate it at the time (and in fact thought she was nuts, like a dictator), as my husband and I did not have children. Now, I am going with my daughter and my sister and her little ones and I would NOT go without a touring plan. While I do want to be flexible and not one of those crazed moms you see running around with a list and clearly having a miserable time (which can ruin it for everybody), I believe that a game plan is necessary to make sure the kids get a chance to do everything they want to do. I must stress that this will be my first time following a plan (I'm using the Unofficial Guide) but I have every confidence that this will contribute to the success of our trip. And if you go to www.touringplans.com (the Unofficial Guide's site) you will find a lot of information, plus a chance to subscribe (at an extremeley reasonable cost, IMHO) for even more detailed touring plans.

Sorry so long winded - I'm just so excited to be going again, this time with the little ones! Anyway, whatever you do, enjoy your trip!!!

Upvote 0

domndebs

We've used the touring plans from the Unoffical Guide every time we've been. Would definatly recomend using some kind of touring plan. You don't waste time deciding what to do next!! We were there over Easter last year and used the plans in the morning and seemed to avoid any long queues.

We find the best thing to do is to get to the parks as near to opening as possible and follow a plan in the morning. Leave the park for a few hours (swim, shop, eat, sleep) and return later and take it more easy. This way you get the best of both worlds, you get on the rides you want, but you also have time just to wander and discover.

Upvote 0

kennygman

domndebs said:
We've used the touring plans from the Unoffical Guide every time we've been. Would definatly recomend using some kind of touring plan. You don't waste time deciding what to do next!! We were there over Easter last year and used the plans in the morning and seemed to avoid any long queues.

We find the best thing to do is to get to the parks as near to opening as possible and follow a plan in the morning. quote]

I agree that it really helps to know where you are going from open to about 3-4 pm. After that the surge starts to subside.

Upvote 0

parker kim

We also use our own preplaned tour planned useing the unoffical guide. Its a mixs of Dumbos or die and the reg. plan we have a 14,7,and aseven month old. Just don't get to caught up in getting place to place and forget about enjoying all the great things going on around you.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Absolutely use the touring plan - but beware if you have kids - it will take longer to do what is in the plans as they become distracted and want to do other things on the way. An unexpected character popping up on your route between Space Mountain and Splash Mountain will put you off for an hour if you decide to stop and be distracted by that. If you have no kids, you will find that the touring plans will allow you to complete every major attraction by 3 pm on an off-peak day and by 6 pm on a peak day.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have read and understood the rationale behind many touring plans, however I've personally never used them.

Understanding the reasoning is half the battle. Like some else said, don't just waste time trying to figure out what to do next.

Not to say that taking a few minutes to rest and people watch is a bad thing!

Upvote 0

kennygman

a good rule of thumb for us is use the FP for the big attraction, then catch a show or eat a meal. It will be ready to ride, (except soarin) and then get another FP BEFORE riding that big attraction. My kids call me the fastpass king. I hope to be promoted to an ace. We rode everything in every park in 4 days without any commando tactics during a semi-busy time period. Fastpass and child swap are the things to work with!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom