Tour Guides

lexy1687

Original Poster
Hi, this is my first post, but I have been a disney fanatic since I was a baby.

Last week was my third trip to disney w/ a tour guide, and now I have been spoiled rotten. You get to go everywhere in a van, never wait in a single line, and the guides are fantastic. The only problem is, you have to be a VIP to receive this type of service. I am assuming that this is a secret because not many people get to experience this amazing attention, nor even know about it.

Once we were behind Epcot (i believe), I noticed one of the old 2000 Leagues Under the Sea vehicles and got so exicted, but wasn't allowed to take any pictures :cry:

I think the total count of Soarin' rides was 9, 5 times on Test Track, 4 on Expedition Everest, 3 on Space Mountain, 6 on Crush and Gusher, and many many more.

I guess the big secret is...If you ever see a castmember in a plaid vest and blue pants, chances are someone of notoriety is w/ them, or a high up in the Disney company. I personally have seen Sean Hannity, Raven Seymone, Doogie Houser (forgot his real name) and Cal Ripkin Jr. (inside Disney Quest, quite funny).

Have a magical :p day!!!

Enderikari

lexy1687 said:
I guess the big secret is...If you ever see a castmember in a plaid vest and blue pants, chances are someone of notoriety is w/ them, or a high up in the Disney company. I personally have seen Sean Hannity, Raven Seymone, Doogie Houser (forgot his real name) and Cal Ripkin Jr. (inside Disney Quest, quite funny).

Have a magical :p day!!!

Or they could be working in Guest Relations, same costume, different role

simple

lexy1687 said:
Last week was my third trip to disney w/ a tour guide, and now I have been spoiled rotten. You get to go everywhere in a van, never wait in a single line, and the guides are fantastic. The only problem is, you have to be a VIP to receive this type of service. I am assuming that this is a secret because not many people get to experience this amazing attention, nor even know about it.

sooo... you're a VIP, huh? good for you :sohappy: i'm planning to go to WDW... i hope i can have a nice tour guide like yours :D

darthjohnny

mousermerf said:
VIP tour guides aren't just for famous folks, they're just expensive.

Yes, you don't have to be a celebrity, its $125.00 per hour, and a minimum of 5 hours must be reserved. You can reserve a VIP tour at guest services. It's on the WDW website. So lexy1687, how are you a VIP?

lexy1687

Original Poster
Hahahah, I'm not a VIP, but I can tell you that if you purchase the tour guide for a family, etc. you don't get to cut lines, the guide can get you fastpasses (but not more than one per hour, or whatever the rule is), but other than that, the only real benefit is if your new to disney and want help to go around efficently. The tour for celebrities and higher ups is different in the sense that you go behind the parks, go through the exits of rides to enter, and other little things.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
lexy1687 said:
Hahahah, I'm not a VIP, but I can tell you that if you purchase the tour guide for a family, etc. you don't get to cut lines, the guide can get you fastpasses (but not more than one per hour, or whatever the rule is), but other than that, the only real benefit is if your new to disney and want help to go around efficently. The tour for celebrities and higher ups is different in the sense that you go behind the parks, go through the exits of rides to enter, and other little things.
Talk about losing alot of the magic.

Plus, missing out on the thrill of the queues!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom