Tour Group and MagicBands

DTale

Original Poster
I will be going to Disney World with my band this coming April and we will be staying at the Pop Century resort. It is booked through a travel agency, so we normally have our room key and our tickets separate. Will this be different this trip? Will fifty or so MagicBands be shipped to the school, or perhaps the travel agency? If I don't have a MagicBand because it was sent to the travel agency, will I not be able to make Fastpass+ reservations?

Tom

Beta Return
I will be going to Disney World with my band this coming April and we will be staying at the Pop Century resort. It is booked through a travel agency, so we normally have our room key and our tickets separate. Will this be different this trip? Will fifty or so MagicBands be shipped to the school, or perhaps the travel agency? If I don't have a MagicBand because it was sent to the travel agency, will I not be able to make Fastpass+ reservations?

Magic Bands are sent directly to the guest, after you setup a My Disney Experience account and link your reservation. So, you'll want to work closely with your Travel Agent so that you have access to your specific reservation number. I'm not sure how the "Friends and Family" part will work, but you won't want to link all 50 people together anyway, for FP+ purposes.

CaptainShortty

Are you coming with the band as part of the Disney performing Arts program? If so, the travel agent will work with whoever your DPA rep is. Once rooming lists and whatnot are ironed out, the rep/travel agent will help figure out what the best process is as far as MDX and getting the MagicBands. Likely, they will be shipped to the resort and picked up there.

DTale

Original Poster
Are you coming with the band as part of the Disney performing Arts program? If so, the travel agent will work with whoever your DPA rep is. Once rooming lists and whatnot are ironed out, the rep/travel agent will help figure out what the best process is as far as MDX and getting the MagicBands. Likely, they will be shipped to the resort and picked up there.

Could this be why we need to determine rooming lists by the first week of December, whereas we usually do it much later? Can I still make Fastpass+ without having the magicbands?

dreamfinder

Could this be why we need to determine rooming lists by the first week of December, whereas we usually do it much later? Can I still make Fastpass+ without having the magicbands?

FP+ is tagged to your MDE account, you don't need to have the MB in hand. But to have your MDE account be confirmed as eligible for FP+ reservations, you will need to associate your hotel reservation with your MDE account. Not sure when you will get that portion, but you need the confirmation number for the FP+ bookings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom