ToT Rumor

TwItTy WdW

Original Poster
Ok I have NO IDEA how true this is but when I was talking to a so called "cast member" online before he said that the Tower Of Terror's name might be replaced due to September 11. TOWER of TERROR.... Again I have no idea how true this is but it does sound good enough to be true..

NowInc

Originally posted by TwItTy WdW
Ok I have NO IDEA how true this is but when I was talking to a so called "cast member" online before he said that the Tower Of Terror's name might be replaced due to September 11. TOWER of TERROR.... Again I have no idea how true this is but it does sound good enough to be true..

LoL...id say thats false...they would have done it by now....especially since your source isnt even confirmed to be a CM.....not like a CM would know anyway ;)

DisJosh

Originally posted by TwItTy WdW

WOW! OLD rumour...

You have nothing to worry about that was nothing but a BAD bad bad rumour...a stupid one if you ask me. Disney is doing no such thing! :)

Goofster

Maybe they could have, but It's not happening now, not now that they've allready named the DCA version Tower of Terror also, they dont have a huge problem w/ the name.

ToTBellHop

I think it's ignorant for anyone to think that September 11th should permanently make the word "terror" a swear word (which is basically what they were trying to do...). Why people bring this stuff to disney's attention in the first place is beyond me.

NowInc

This is a classic case of someone wanting to seem important..so they made an assumption that Disney would change the name...and reported it to news and rumors sites just so they could see their handle next to some "groundbreaking news"

Seriously..Im not sure WHERE this originated from, but I can almost GARUNTEE you that this was never even up for discussion over at Disney.

SteveUK

Well said Now. There have been several threads recently that appear to stem from somebody wanting to be clever and making a decision before Disney do. I have just been looking at a thread in rumours called 'Last Chance', same kind of rubbish.

Mouse3268

Not going to happen, I don't think Disney would ever change it and if they did people would still call it "the Tower Of Terror". I know I would.

WDWManic

LOL

LOL well that just has to be false, why would they rename ToT with something to do with Sept. 11.......that would be awful first of all...... Lets relive the elevators in the World Trade Center when the plane hit.....thats just wrong.

DisJosh

Re: LOL

Originally posted by WDWManic
LOL well that just has to be false, why would they rename ToT with something to do with Sept. 11.......that would be awful first of all...... Lets relive the elevators in the World Trade Center when the plane hit.....thats just wrong.

No...you got it backwards...

What he was saying is that he heard they would change the name from Tower of Terror to something diferent because of September 11. They would not change t to something to have to do w/ 9/11...

Get it? :)

Michael Darling

In the public's view, a change in name isn't necessary.

A poll on a Tower of Terror fanpage says that of about 250 voters, more than 80% think the name should remain the same.

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I think if they did change the name it wouldn't be smart because people would not like it. If they were going to change it they would have already like other people have said because it has been so long since the event.

Lady Tinkerbell

Yeah, but if it weren't for these "rumors" we'd have nothing to post about! :animwink: I'm with everyone else, if it were that big of a deal, Disney would have changed it a while ago. Have a great day everyone!

tenchu

I wouldn't relate to september 11th when i hear that name anyway. Fair enough if it was called 'the world trade centre tower of terror' but surely most people wouldn't make the link, would they?

BradleyJ

Originally posted by NowInc
Seriously..Im not sure WHERE this originated from, but I can almost GARUNTEE you that this was never even up for discussion over at Disney.

The first place I ever saw it, was in one of Al Lutz's rants on Mouseplanet concering the addition of TOT to DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom