ToT....I'm confused!!

Al

Original Poster
Ok...having never been on this attraction, I am finding a few things hard to grasp. Ok, the new drop sequence is random....right? Now correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that the only place you could drop was at the front, where the windows open to reveal a view over the park...and then you drop If that was the case, then you would know when you were gonna drop, and it wouldnt really be random. I guess I must of got something wrong there! :veryconfu

Can the elevator drop at anytime during the ride? If so, how does this happen? Does it just fall through the track?

Ok.....I am VERY confused (as you have probably established!)

Any explanations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

well all the drops happen in the saft the randomness comes into play with how the drops take place... there is a great diagram of the drops here... http://www.wdwmagic.com/tower.htm scroll about halfway down and you'll see them there.. there is also some really good info an how they did all this. Hope this helps. :D

isnet396

well, it should be plural. The sequence of dropS is randomized. At first, the elevator dropped once, then it dropped once, and came back up, dropped again, etc....then profile 4 has randomized sequences, so that there's "never the same drop twice". There's no other drop area in the ride except where you described

Al

Original Poster
thanks guys!!!!

So when the doors open and you can see all of the park, thats only one drop.........right?! :D :)

fngoofy

You drop several times in the shaft. The drops vary in height and depth of drops. There are 4 patterns and they are what is random.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Al
Ok...having never been on this attraction, I am finding a few things hard to grasp. Ok, the new drop sequence is random....right? Now correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that the only place you could drop was at the front, where the windows open to reveal a view over the park...and then you drop If that was the case, then you would know when you were gonna drop, and it wouldnt really be random. I guess I must of got something wrong there! :veryconfu

Can the elevator drop at anytime during the ride? If so, how does this happen? Does it just fall through the track?

Ok.....I am VERY confused (as you have probably established!)

Any explanations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

I know I'm late on posting here, but I'm a new member and like spouting forth my knowledge, haha.

Anyway, as you may have gathered from the other members, there are 4 drop patterns that are randomly selected by the computer. To begin the ride, you travel up in one shaft. The first stop shows a hallway and the people who vanished in the lightning strike. The next stop opens up to the Twilight Zone. Your elevator leaves that shaft, drives forward, goes through a starfield, and into a completely black shaft. You can feel the elevator latch into the rigging. At that point the randomness begins - which means you could drop immediately, or go to the top and then drop. The exterior elevator doors open every time you pass them, so you can always catch a glimpse of the park

This ride has one of the most complicated and sophisticated ride control systems. The timing has to be perfect so that the elevators never get held up and always have the empty shaft ready when they need it.

ThirdEye

But what about the one sequence where i actually shoots you straight up at the begning?

Does it skip the lift up to the top and through the part where it moves foward into the 3rd dimension?

Or does it just shoot you right up to the top right when the door closes? I'm very confused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom