Tooth Fairy at WDW?

Mrs.PhD

Original Poster
So we leave for WDW and DD has a loose tooth that has been hanging on for week. I really think she is trying to hold out until we get to WDW so Tinkerbell can be the tooth fairy.

Any ideas or anyone else have this happen? If it does I was just going to go to the resort desk and ask if they could help me out with a note from Tink and maybe some pixie dust to spread. We don't normally over do the tooth fairy around here, but that would be cool.

DD just turned 7. This is her 13th trip to WDW, but 1st stay at AKL.

kasey1988

Im not sure what the front desk can do, i know on birthdays they are able to get balloons and cards that are left in the guest room. Maybe as soon as she looses her tooth you could let the front desk know the situation and they are usually pretty good at making magic happen, but the downfall to that i think the balloon and card would be in the room the next day.

If you want some pixie dust, try the dollar store or make up department at your local walgreens, they carry little containers of glitter that you could sprinkle around after the Tooth fairy visits. Maybe insted of leaving money you could leave disney dollars or a stuffed tinkerbell for somthing diffrent?

I lost a tooth at Disney as a kid and the Tooth Fairy brought me a Disney dollar under my pillow! That's a good idea in addition to anything you do involving Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell does have an official signature so you should ask around to see if any of the CM's could arrange for an autograph. With so much emphasis on the fairies right now there's bound to be something they can do.

Mrs.PhD

Original Poster
Good ideas. I don't really have time to run out and pick anything up before the trip (we leave in a few days and the days are filled up until then.) I might be able to get something when we are at WDW when she isn't looking. I can look and see what I have for Disney surprises stashed away.

Oh, maybe a pressed penny. Or money for the pressed penny machines......................

JustPlainBill

When we left for our trip last summer our 7 year old daughter's tooth was loose and we expected her to possibly lose it while we were away. We have a little tooth fairy pillow that we've used at home whenever the kids lose a tooth so we brought it along. She did lose the tooth 6 days in, we were staying at the Polynesian at the time and had a great view of the Castle at MK. We did the disney dollars thing and told our daughter that it was a good thing that we were so close to MK that Tinkerbell was able to let the toothfairy know about her tooth since we were not at home and told her where we were staying. She's a big Tinkerbell fan.

disney21

:wave:I love the pressed penny idea. i gave this idea to my aunt for my little cousin on our last trip. "the fairy" left him two pressed coins and disney dollars.

happymom52003

How cool....I never thought about this, even though I lost my own tooth while at WDW as a child. But I do not think my parents did anything special for it.
Now I am sooo hoping that my son loses a tooth on our next Disney trip!

Elonwy

I don't know if you can pick up the supplies before then but for Christmas msy sister put some flour (you can substite Pixie Dust) on my neice's dresser and put little footprints from a doll in them...they were elf prints.

Maybe if you brought a little doll or picked up a Tinkerbell on there and found some Pixie dust you could do that.

Mrs.PhD

Original Poster
She made it the whole week at Disney with the tooth in (it was so loose) then just pulled it out 2 min ago.

I wish I had bought something special to give her from WDW. Good old cash always works.

I did find a tinkerbell light up clip a few nights ago that would work, but she knows about it.

minnie2000

Both my DDs lost teeth at Disney, but the tooth fairy just left a dollar under the pillow. We didn't think to do anything else. Although I have done the fairy dust thing at home.

Slightly off topic, I recently told my DD, aged 11, the truth about Father Christmas, the tooth fairy etc, that we give them a 'helping hand'. I was pretty sure that she knew the truth anyway, but I think it may have come as a bit of a shock! I felt a bit guilty, but she is moving up to secondary school in a few months, and I couldn't let her be teased. I feel quite sad that she has passed that stage of her childhood!

JustPlainBill

Slightly off topic, I recently told my DD, aged 11, the truth about Father Christmas, the tooth fairy etc, that we give them a 'helping hand'. I was pretty sure that she knew the truth anyway, but I think it may have come as a bit of a shock! I felt a bit guilty, but she is moving up to secondary school in a few months, and I couldn't let her be teased. I feel quite sad that she has passed that stage of her childhood!
We're kind of at the same crossroads with our daughter who just turned 10 today. We think she suspects that Mommy and Daddy are the ones who create the "magic" for her. It may be a case where she knows the truth but doesn't want us to know she knows. We just got a letter from her school that they want to have "the talk" with all the girls her age about the changes that are going to happen with her body, now that she is coming of age. My wife of course had the talk with her shortly after getting the note, not wanting her to hear it from stangers first. It's fun to watch her grow up but not when it is happening so fast.

maelstrom

Disney sells a special "tooth fairy pillow". I got mine in December (yes, even though I'm 22) and I'm not sure if they have it anymore. It has Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather on it and has a little pocket for your tooth to go in. It's just a little decorative pillow, not a fullsize pillow, but it's cute. I got it because it has Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather on it and merch with them on it is scarce. I've seen it at The World of Disney and that store in Downtown Disney next to the "$10 or less" store that is part cat/dog merch, part Pooh merch, and part random merch.

kbmum

This won't help the OP, but we did something cute when my then 7-year-old daughter lost one of her teeth. I snuck out and bought a Tink pin and placed it under her pillow. I told her that when kids lose baby teeth in Disney World, Tinker Bell does the honors instead of the Tooth Fairy. She was so happy!

A couple of days later, we were in line for a ride and a CM noticed that my daughter was missing a front tooth. The CM told her (without any prompting from me) that Tinker Bell does the Tooth Fairy's work in Disney World. :) Now, a year later, my daughter still believes this. We're going back next week, and she has another tooth that's just about ready to go...

disneydiva72

We're kind of at the same crossroads with our daughter who just turned 10 today. We think she suspects that Mommy and Daddy are the ones who create the "magic" for her. It may be a case where she knows the truth but doesn't want us to know she knows. We just got a letter from her school that they want to have "the talk" with all the girls her age about the changes that are going to happen with her body, now that she is coming of age. My wife of course had the talk with her shortly after getting the note, not wanting her to hear it from stangers first. It's fun to watch her grow up but not when it is happening so fast.

My son is 11, and although he knew alot about reproduction, he did learn alot of new words from the health class at school....it was so hard for me to hear my son say , although perfectly natural and not a bad word, it was not easy to keep a serious nonchalant face on. I went into the next room and nearly DIED! lol

My DD lost a tooth with in WDW 1 year ago...we anticipated it coming so we purchased some Disney Dollars before the trip and held them aside. She was sitting on a bench eating a Mickey Premium Ice Cream bar and my DH was visiting with a Cast Member with the kids were eating. She came over to my DH with so much excitement. The cast member (he was one of them that carrried a messenger bag but not a dream team one,) gave her a special pin and a certificate. She was trilled at the attention!:)

pjulie75

We are visiting next summer and my kids teeth a starting to wobble as they are 5, so I can't wait to give them some Disney Magic and hopefully one will fall out when we are there:p. Disney is such a magical place and I can't think of a better place to get a nice treat from the too fairy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom