Too many MBs

JohnD

know it's been out there before but how do you reuse a previous MB

First, are they already linked to your MDE account? If so, you can use them. If they're linked they're either activated, deactivated or lost. (You can change the status in MDE). I have so many, I chose to deactivate many of them. You could decide to use a deactivated badge. Just click the link to reactivate it. Finally, you may have some MBs that aren't linked. You'll need to type the number on the back of the band into MDE to link the band.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
As long as it shows as active in the magic bands and card section of your MDE you can just use it.
If its inactive I assume there's a button to clock to activate it.

MRGEFF

Original Poster
First, are they already linked to your MDE account? If so, you can use them. If they're linked they're either activated, deactivated or lost. (You can change the status in MDE). I have so many, I chose to deactivate many of them. You could decide to use a deactivated badge. Just click the link to reactivate it. Finally, you may have some MBs that aren't linked. You'll need to type the number on the back of the band into MDE to link the band.
Appreciate your info. I didn't like the idea of getting a new band every trip. Thanks for your help.

JaxFLBear

Keep in mind that the older the MB the less likely the RFID chip will work.
Most functions of a MB will continue to work for as long as Disney supports the technology. Park entry, room entry, room charging, FP+ queue entry, manual photo linking, will all continue to work for virtually forever. These are passive functions that don't require the internal battery. They actually draw any necessary power from the touch point. A very old MB is no different than a RFID enabled card. Should work for ever unless physically damaged.

The only function that will stop working is automatic linking of attraction photos.

JaxFLBear

I do, however, mark any solid color MB that's more than one year old as "Inactive". All of my graphic MBs are still "Active", even a couple of 1st gens. Being local AP holders, missed ride photos are not a big deal for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom