Too Early to Apply?

MichaelaSP

Original Poster
Hello All,
I'm about to retire from the military and will have moved to the Orlando area by mid-February 2018. Is now (mid-September 2017) too early to apply for a full time Security Host/Hostess position?
Thanks in advance! :)

Driver

Hello All,
I'm about to retire from the military and will have moved to the Orlando area by mid-February 2018. Is now (mid-September 2017) too early to apply for a full time Security Host/Hostess position?
Thanks in advance! :)
Not at all depending on the position it can take as much as 6 mo. till you are actually hired. Not saying that will be your case. Sometimes after the initial application process etc. they will put you on waiting. Again this does not mean your case. But there are many variables. My suggestion is get the ball rolling asap. If they are hiring for the job you are seeking you may get a faster response. And if it moves to fast you can explain about your military retirement and they can easily work with that. It is a very involved process but don't let that throw ya it's a great place to work.

MichaelaSP

Original Poster
Not at all depending on the position it can take as much as 6 mo. till you are actually hired. Not saying that will be your case. Sometimes after the initial application process etc. they will put you on waiting. Again this does not mean your case. But there are many variables. My suggestion is get the ball rolling asap. If they are hiring for the job you are seeking you may get a faster response. And if it moves to fast you can explain about your military retirement and they can easily work with that. It is a very involved process but don't let that throw ya it's a great place to work.
Thanks a bunch for the quick reply and I will work on getting my ducks in a row. I'm very excited about the possibility of becoming a CM. I understand I will have to work my way up and there's a bunch of BS that'll come my way, but I've been doing it for the government for 20+ years so hopefully I'll be able to survive. After all, I have Disney running through my veins (figuratively) ;)

HauntedMansionFLA

Question @Driver

I applied for a job and got an E-mail within an hour to do the web - based interview. Is that standard when applying for employment or a good sign? Thanks

Driver

Question @Driver

I applied for a job and got an E-mail within an hour to do the web - based interview. Is that standard when applying for employment or a good sign? Thanks
That's more or less standard I've heard of quicker and longer. The web based interview is basically what I call a personality test, their trying to see if you fit the profile of a CM. It is just a lot of questions about you and your work ethic. But it is timed, and I've never heard of anyone not having enough time.

HauntedMansionFLA

That's more or less standard I've heard of quicker and longer. The web based interview is basically what I call a personality test, their trying to see if you fit the profile of a CM. It is just a lot of questions about you and your work ethic. But it is timed, and I've never heard of anyone not having enough time.
Awesome! Thanks! I know I was reading to much into it. We are re locating in that area in October and didn't want to jump the gun when doing the web based interview, then Disney wanting me to be there shortly afterwards.

Driver

Awesome! Thanks! I know I was reading to much into it. We are re locating in that area in October and didn't want to jump the gun when doing the web based interview, then Disney wanting me to be there shortly afterwards.
Did you apply for a job that they posted or are you just looking for anything that comes along. Because that can affect the outcome in how quickly they respond. If you don't want to post your answer here you can send me a private message.

Driver

Also if they invited you to take the web interview I wouldn't wait. I understand your concerns about relocating and jumping the gun but really they don't move that fast. Don't be nervous.

MichaelaSP

Original Poster
Hey there! Just wanted to see how you're relocation went and if there were any surprises with the hiring process for you?

MichaelaSP

Original Poster
I applied. They interviewed me on the phone and offered me a job on the spot. It was pretty smooth. good luck! What did you apply for?

Hello there HauntedMansion!
So I interviewed at the end of November and would've been hired on the spot like you, but was placed on the waitlist due to my availability date. I'll finally be able to move there within the next 60 days and hope a security position is open so I can be slotted for it. I keep checking job postings and so far there always seems to be one :)
I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me picking your brain/experience.
Anything I should look out for or pay special attention to?
Do I have to get the training for the class D security license myself or does Disney provide it?
Is it before or after Traditions?
My recruiter said something about a 100 (or was it 1000?) question test at the end of training. Was she referring to Traditions or the security officer training? I was a bit nervous and excited and I can't really remember what exactly she said. My interview went really well so it's really just a matter of moving and letting them know I'm finally there.
How are you getting settled in the job? Everything you hoped for?
I appreciate your time and any info is really really appreciated.
Hope to hear from ya' soon! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom