Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

J4546

At least they are doing something with that massive abandoned space. Wish it was something different though but I get wanting a decent exclusive area

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I actually liked DL's Tomorrowland more than I remembered, but it's certainly the most in need of an update now that Mickey's Toontown has gotten its turn. Are there any rumors at the moment? To me, it should be a bigger priority than adding another land to Disneyland. I guess a non-Pandora Flight of Passage ride could work too, but that would most definitely not be ideal. Perhaps even demoing the entire Buzz/restaurant building to free up walking room could work too. One thing Orlando's lacks is a water feature and complete immersion (there is so much empty space in the back of the land), but Disneyland Park does not have those issues at all.

Shanghai's Tomorrowland works so well not only because of its minimalistic, curvy approach, and its unified lighting package, a style I don't think will become outdated like the 90s Tomorrowlands have become but because it has multiple levels. This could be an option too, Space Mountain has already started this. Having elevated walkways through the land could be very cool!
1681364235586.png

1681364489877.png

Personally, I'd love for them to bring back the PeopleMover or perhaps put a completely new version of TRON that goes throughout the land's buildings (and on top too), with a load/unload in the old CoP building (or a new one there). Imagine if the roofs of say Buzz and Star Tours looked like the TRON canopy. TRON at MK's biggest issue is the length (and thus the coaster itself), but the aesthetic is top-notch. I think Disneyland Park could stand to gain a lot from a Hagrid's-level good coasters, but if they end up doing like a Speeder bike coaster in Galaxy's Edge, then perhaps reviving the PeopleMover and a WALL-E ride would be the best approach.

Astro Orbiter definitely needs to get the axe.

I wouldn't actually be opposed to knocking down Space and putting the Cosmic Rewind treatment on it à la Tokyo Disneyland given its weak layout (and IMO the worst big coaster at Disneyland Park), but if an Avengers variant of Cosmic Rewind is going into Avenger's Campus, DCA would likely exclusively have it. I also don't even know if there's enough room to do that in Tomorrowland.

One thing I don't want them to touch though is Submarine Voyage and Autopia. Not only is the view of the lagoon with the Matterhorn stunning and iconic, but Autopia at Disneyland is actually pretty great, and of course, the Subs are such a unique experience. And they're obviously a package deal that can handle more people per hour than pretty much any ride that would take up their footprints would. North of Matterhorn could fit a ride the size of Frozen: Ever After without replacing anything, so when considering that and the fact they just refurbished Nemo and Autopia, I imagine that they'll be staying.

Just spitballing!

Timothy_Q

While SDL went for a sterile, contemporary, realistic vision of the future, Disneyland should go the opposite direction with something whimsical, colorful and 50s-insipired, and it just so happens they have the perfect movie to draw inspiration from

1681393784034.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom