Tomorrowland Dustbin

Hank Scorpio

Original Poster
Last trip to Disney World was in May 1998, and during one visit to the MK we where sitting in Tomorrowland having a drink I believe when this dustbin started moving that was themed just like all the other dustbins. It wheeled all the way over to us and began to speak! That was amazing, one of my favourite things about the trip. It asked us where we where from and then asked us if we had any rubish! It then proceeded to ask the couple who where sitting down next to us and so on.

Anyway, just wondered if the 'remote-controlled' dustbin was still making magic in Tomorrowland?? Going back to WDW in Sept 03 and i'd love to see it again.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Scooter

I think you are refering to "PUSH" the rolling, talking Garbage can.

and yes...you can still find him in Tomorrowland. He comes out every half hour to chat with the park guests.

He hangs around by one of the Gift shops. I forget which one.

He draws quite a crowd so he shouldn't be hard to spot.

tigsmom

I love this. It freaked my little one out until I pointed out the CM talking into his hand. Now she will talk to it when approached. We always make a point of trying to be the first to spot him.

EchoOfOphelia

I'm not sure if he's still there but I had an encounter with him in the summer of 99'. I was walking around tomorrowland and all of sudden that thing bumped into me (from behind). It caught be off gaurd and I wasn't really paying attention so I thought I was the one who bumped into it. So I kept walking and it happened again! Of course I realized what was happening and thought it was great!
I hope it's still around!

Hank Scorpio

Original Poster
Sorry yeah I ment Garbage Can! I sometimes forget these little language barriers between the UK and the US.

We call it a Dustbin over here! But dustbin, or garbage can - the same thing! :D

Are there any other little bits of Magic like this in any other parts of WDW? :king:

TIGGER-FAN

We ran into one during a visit to Animal Kingdom. He was talking to a small girl. The Trash Can told her to remember to hug all the other cans in the park. Mom and Dad had an oh my god no look on their faces. It was realy cute.

fngoofy

There is also a moving, talking tree that you can see at AK.
I have seen it at the entrance in the morning, I am sure it is around other places as well.

On a similar note, make sure to pay attention if getting a drink of water at Future World in Epcot. Very funny things can happen.

njchris65

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio

We call it a Dustbin over here! But dustbin, or garbage can - the same thing! :D

I love hearing these differences. :) When I first saw dustbin, I was thinking some wind was blowing some dirt around! hahaha

:sohappy:

meeko_33785

I've see Push in Tomorrowland and Wes Palm (the talking, rolling palm tree) at the entrance to AK. They're both a lot of fun to watch.

Dcp3000

When i was in Epcot i saw the talking water fountain. It's located somewhere over by the land. It was funny having the water fountain talking when i was having a drink.:)

Fido

Originally posted by fngoofy
There is also a moving, talking tree that you can see at AK.
I have seen it at the entrance in the morning, I am sure it is around other places as well.

On a similar note, make sure to pay attention if getting a drink of water at Future World in Epcot. Very funny things can happen.

On one trip in 2001 I saw both the trashcan and the tree living it up near the entrance. My nephew was wearing a Polo shirt, and the trashcan kept following him shouting "Marco....marco!" :lol:

Epcot is my fav

Yea the garbage can is still there......it was there in August when i went.....he was really funny........he followed my cousin for about 5 mins......he was commenting on her red hair....there is also a tree in AK......and a fountain in both Epcot and IOA....the fountain there in IOA is kinda rude thou

goofyfan13

I saw push on my last trip to Disney in December. I had seen it before so i decided to avoid all other trashcans and dispose my garbage in it. I enjoyed looking at everyones faces as it went by and talked to poeple and thanked my when i threw my trash away. The funniest part was there was a cheer team at the tomorrowland stage dancing to some techno music and push stopped and said, "hey I love this tune, it has a good beat!" and proceeded to sing the tune being played on stage. It made me crack up. I also say Wes Palm a little while ago talking to some 5 year old girl asking her if she wanted her autograph. The girls reaction was to die for!

RalphieN

During our last trip to WDW, it was my daughter's B-Day and Disney gave her a pin to wear. When in Tomorrowland, we came upon "PUSH" the talking trash can and he sang "Happy Birthday" to her. It totally made her entire vacation. She still talks about it all the time, a full year later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom