Tokyo Disneyland Questions

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Greetings,

We just booked our flight to Japan and I wonder if 3 days would be enough to cover both parks? We are planning to be in Tokyo from 16 - 22, but would like to go to Tokyo area to hunt for some good Ramen, so ideally 3 days in Disney but I can extend a day if I have to.

Initially we wanted to go with Airbnb but decided to stay in Hilton Tokyo Bay. How long is it to get to both parks? And is it a hassle to leave the park to get a power nap in the afternoon and back?

And since none of us understand Japanese nor can we read, how tricky is it to get from the airport (Narita) to Hilton?

Thanks much

GiveMeTheMusic

Greetings,

We just booked our flight to Japan and I wonder if 3 days would be enough to cover both parks? We are planning to be in Tokyo from 16 - 22, but would like to go to Tokyo area to hunt for some good Ramen, so ideally 3 days in Disney but I can extend a day if I have to.

Initially we wanted to go with Airbnb but decided to stay in Hilton Tokyo Bay. How long is it to get to both parks? And is it a hassle to leave the park to get a power nap in the afternoon and back?

And since none of us understand Japanese nor can we read, how tricky is it to get from the airport (Narita) to Hilton?

Thanks much

3 days is enough if you are at the parks before rope drop each day. On my first trip I did 4 days and still wanted more time. Just know that you can't park hop on days 1 or 2 with a 3 day ticket, you can only park hop on the 3rd day.

From the Hilton you can walk or take a very short shuttle ride to the Bayside monorail station, and from there you head to the parks. It doesn't take very long, but on such a tight schedule, I'm not sure you'll want to take any afternoon naps. These parks are exciting and packed to the brim with detail and things to see and do, as well as being very popular and crowded.

Taking the train from Narita to TDR is a nightmare, but not because of the Japanese language. All signage and announcements are made in English as well as Japanese, so you're good there. The transfers and lugging luggage through giant stations is what makes it bad. Take the Airport Limousine bus instead (it's just a bus, not a limo). It's comfortable and the easiest way to get to TDR from NRT:

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/2/83

newhorizons1

I'll just reaffirm that 3 days is plenty of time. My husband and I did both parks in two days. Tokyo DisneySea is my favorite Disney park. We also took the airport limousine, which was super convenient especially after coming off a 12 hour flight. After our stay we took the train back into Tokyo. It was a long journey, but it wasn't difficult.

amjt660

Premium Member
You are going to have a great time but be prepared for crowds.
I visited at the beginning of Dec 2016 and did TDR on Sat and TDS on Sunday
My trip report is in the Trip Reports section. (Best Disney Month ever)
(sorry I do not know how to link to another thread)

Max

hasabigrock

Went last year at this time and it was crowded, but found it easy to outmaneuver the crowds since everyone does the same thing in same order.

At DisneySea most people go to Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Journey, and then one of the Indiana Jones rides in that order. From there the crowds break up. We went for 6 days and found that if we did ToT first it wasn't crowded at all, went up on a half full car because everyone was on Toy Story or waiting for a fast pass. Then doing the same ride order found we were ahead of the crowds and walked on to most rides for about 2 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom