Tokyo Dining Illuminations View?

JohnD

Original Poster
Can you watch Illuminations from the balcony at Tokyo Dining? If so, how good a view is it? Can I just reserve an ADR for a dessert/after dinner drink?

JohnD

Original Poster
There are tables next to the window, but there's also a public walkway around the exterior so people could obscure your floor to ceiling view ;)

Well, I figured better to be a paying customer and then go outside and watch. I could order a green tea/vanilla swirl soft ice cream and a Matcha Frappe (Rum and Sake Blend with Condensed Milk and Ice-rimmed inside with Green Tea Syrup ).

JohnD

Original Poster
Here's an example (not my photo):

Looks wonderful. I'm reminded of photos from travel brochures which makes the view from your room of a beach or whatever be a prime view until you arrive and realize your view of the beach is the parking lot with maybe the beach in the distance. Hopefully, this is more accurate.

JohnD

Original Poster

That may explain why getting an ADR to Tokyo Dining was so easy. If great views were guaranteed then perhaps that ADR would be harder to get. I only made it two days ago. Unlike Rose & Crown, Spice Road Table, and La Hacienda which are harder to snag.

Mark P.

Looks wonderful. I'm reminded of photos from travel brochures which makes the view from your room of a beach or whatever be a prime view until you arrive and realize your view of the beach is the parking lot with maybe the beach in the distance. Hopefully, this is more accurate.

That's pretty accurate; it looks to be taken from the corner of the balcony closest to the plaza.

There's a door from the restaurant itself directly out onto the balcony, but that side is going to be a bit more obstructed by landscaping and the Torii gate. We've dined there many times and our server has always been more than flexible in timing our courses so that we can step outside for the show, so you shouldn't worry about other guests obstructing your view because you're watching from inside. (I'm not certain, but I don't think they pipe the music into the restaurant anyway.) That said, even on some of the busiest nights we've been there, the balcony rarely fills up, and if it does, only at the last minute. because people assume that it's restricted to diners.

surfsupdon

We had a window view for NYE Illuminations the first showing. Even on NYE the balcony wasn’t filled with people. We watched from our table.

Then we watched the 1140 show from down on the promenade.

I recommend Tokyo Dining for fireworks viewing. We loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom