To those that disliked SAVE DISNEY......

KevinPage

Original Poster
Every action has a reaction.

Even though Roy was critical of Iger taking over in place of Eisner and whether he had good or bad intentions, one can not deny that SAVE DISNEY was the catalyst that removed Eisner.

There was no chance in the world that Pixar would have sold to Eisner. But the best news is John Lassetter's promotion.

Say what you will of Save Disney, but let's thank Roy and Stan for giving us this gift. :D :D :D

Tim G

KevinPage said:

Even though Roy was critical of Iger taking over in place of Eisner and whether he had good or bad intentions, one can not deny that SAVE DISNEY was the catalyst that removed Eisner.

There was no chance in the world that Pixar would have sold to Eisner. But the best news is John Lassetter's promotion.

Say what you will of Save Disney, but let's thank Roy and Stan for giving us this gift. :D :D :D
Sorry Kev, I have to disagree... :( :lookaroun

But you expected this answer from me... :lookaroun :D

Becky

Um, can we say millions of share of Disney stock owned by some of the largest pension funds in the nation?:lookaroun

Tim G

GrimGhost said:
...And you made your argument with such depth and detail....
I only gave my opinion... Don't feel having an argument on this one...

[Start of statement]
I always liked Michael Eisner, I still do... I've got my reasons...
[End of statement]
Hoping this statement was deep and detailed enough... :D

GrimGhost

Corrus said:

[Start of statement]
[End of statement]
Much better. And I liked him too.

imagineer boy

KevinPage said:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Computer Magic

Corrus said:

[Start of statement]

[End of statement]

I still think you are Eisner....I've got my reasons :lol: :wave:

KevinPage

Original Poster
Corrus said:
Sorry Kev, I have to disagree... :( :lookaroun

But you expected this answer from me... :lookaroun :D

How many secret tapes does Eisner have on you again :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

luvJC4saken

I want the result of this acquisition to be a revival in the DISNEY tradition of innovation in entertainment and technology particular to animation. Disney and animation used to be synonomous (sp?) together. Disney was number one. I was a fan and nothing made me prouder. Now in animation, Disney isn't number one. They're not even number two. It pains me to understand this.

The point of acquiring Pixar is so that Disney can once again be number one. I am in full support of this goal. I hope Disney execs are able to maintain the level of talent and creativity at Pixar (which really means increasing it), but I also hope that Pixar realizes that they're doing this for the Mouse now. Disney needs talent and creativity back in its animation department if it wants to be number one. I agree that this is the best way. But again, we must never forget that IT WAS ALL STARTED BY A MOUSE.

I think the people who are nervous about this acquisition and the amount of power that those representing Pixar have recieved, are nervous that the above statement will be forgotten and overshadowed by a cowboy doll and a plastic action figure from outer space. I'm a Pixar fan, but I'm a Disney fan first. Does anyone else catch my drift?

Computer Magic

luvJC4saken said:
I want the result of this acquisition to be a revival in the DISNEY tradition of innovation in entertainment and technology particular to animation. Disney and animation used to be synonomous (sp?) together. Disney was number one. I was a fan and nothing made me prouder. Now in animation, Disney isn't number one. They're not even number two. It pains me to understand this.

The point of acquiring Pixar is so that Disney can once again be number one. I am in full support of this goal. I hope Disney execs are able to maintain the level of talent and creativity at Pixar (which really means increasing it), but I also hope that Pixar realizes that they're doing this for the Mouse now. Disney needs talent and creativity back in its animation department if it wants to be number one. I agree that this is the best way. But again, we must never forget that IT WAS ALL STARTED BY A MOUSE.

I think the people who are nervous about this acquisition and the amount of power that those representing Pixar have recieved, are nervous that the above statement will be forgotten and overshadowed by a cowboy doll and a plastic action figure from outer space. I'm a Pixar fan, but I'm a Disney fan first. Does anyone else catch my drift?
Very well stated.

Enderikari

Sooo.... the fact that he had been C.E.O. of a fortune 100 company for over 20 years, in a non-family owned business had nothing to do with Eisner retiring? Right.... Save Disney was worse than worthless, it hurt the company, its image, and its stockholders. All because Roy E. Disney wanted to violate the rules he set forth about the mandatory retirement age for board members.... No wonder Walt called him the "idiot nephew."
The only people that Save Disney influenced were easily led, crazy members of society, who could NOT work up the majority of votes needed to vote no-confidence in Michael Eisner, a man who, by all accounts, is the reason we still have Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney Feature Animation, and all of the factions of the company, under one umbrella title, instead of being divided up as was about to happen.

luvJC4saken

Enderikari said:
Michael Eisner, a man who, by all accounts, is the reason we still have Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney Feature Animation, and all of the factions of the company, under one umbrella title, instead of being divided up as was about to happen.

Where is Walt Disney Feature Animation now? It's all but non-existant and it certainly isn't number one. It has to get it back with whatever it takes. Animation is what makes Disney period. That's why the theme parks are successful, that's why even sequels, like 'em or hate 'em, are successful.

I'm glad Iger has a whatever it takes attitude about geting Disney Feature Animation back in the hotseat, but I also think you have a point. Number one, I don't know if Eisner would have stayed much longer even without the Save Disney campaign. Number two, I'm confused as to how the Company is going to keep the unity with two, from what it sounds like, independently operated feature animation studios. I realize they won't really operate independently of one another--John Lasseter and Ed Catmull will run both. But still, which films do you release under Disney and which films do you release under Disney Pixar?

So much work has gone into preventing a Disneyfied Pixar, and I agree that Disney should want to welcome the Pixar creative culture and talent, but who are we rooting for here? I mean they aren't allowing Mickey ears on Pixar's property.

Am I thinking this through the right way?

Enderikari

Non-Existant? A new movie just about every year is non-existent? Current projects like "Meet the Robinsons" and "Rapunzel: Unbraided" are non-existent? Wow, just because a department is unified in one area of the country doesn't mean that it doesn't exist anymore.

luvJC4saken

Ok, it exists. But the last animated hit that it produced was what, The Lion King? Maybe you could argue Tarzan.

The thing is people just don't associate animation (great animation that is) with Disney anymore, and I think that needs to change. I don't want Disney to be number 3 in animation, or even number 2, it would only be fitting that they be number 1.

I don't know of a better way to accomplish in the amount of time it needs to be done, than to acquire Pixar who is 6 for 6 in producing smash hits.

But I'm also confused about how things are going to be managed now. I guess we'll just have to see what comes out of this event.

Enderikari

and I am with you, though I do appreciate and greatly enjoy Atlantis and Treasure Planet. However, the name that is synomous now with great animation is Pixar, which is now under the Disney umbrella. Now, what remains to be seen is if Pixar, if it retains its creative independence, can keep producing hits. They have a good track record so far.... but even Walt had his Fantasia.

All in all though, I am happy to see what's coming

mickey sparkle

Re: SaveDisney

Sooo.... the fact that he had been C.E.O. of a fortune 100 company for over 20 years, in a non-family owned business had nothing to do with Eisner retiring? Right.... Save Disney was worse than worthless, it hurt the company, its image, and its stockholders. All because Roy E. Disney wanted to violate the rules he set forth about the mandatory retirement age for board members.... No wonder Walt called him the "idiot nephew."

I completely agree. :sohappy:

The SaveDisney site was unprofessional, sleazy, sloppy, very selective when it came to certain facts, and above all just plain toxic.

With his actions in the past week, Bob Iger has more than proved his worth as the new CEO. He's literally taking Disney into a new age. But I seem to remember a long, long, looooooooong list of names being hurled at him on the oh-so-prolific SaveDisney site. I only wish they were still up now, I'd bring in everything they said about him, from "puppet" to "pinnochio" to whatever else they could think of. But oh right, I forgot; taking down the site was part and partial to the "no " stipulation that Roy will have to follow from now on. Guess that limits a lot of what he'll be able to do. Oh well....:cry:

Eisner may not have been perfect, but he did a lot. A lot. I know people are wondering who's going to host Wonderful World of Disney now that he's gone...believe it or not there were quite a lot of children back in the 80's who watched him on TV and simply thought of him as the man Mickey Mouse spoke to.
Eisner was that man. Not Roy.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom