To the person who recognized me in the elevator!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Hi, I'm back from my cruise on the Dream. During a random encounter in an elevator on Castaway Cay day, someone -- from this forum, I'm pretty sure -- recognized me and I barely said hello because we were just about to get off the elevator.

I feel very badly that I didn't take a few extra minutes to find out who it was and to have even a brief conversation. Please reply here or message me so that we can touch base and talk about our cruise!

TheAristocourt

Hi there! That would be me. :) No need to feel badly, it was a quick elevator ride and I was worried it might seem a little "creepy" to say hello, so I hesitated at first. Hope you had a wonderful trip.

It was my husband's first cruise and now he's hooked. Pirate night pun intended.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Ok, so thank you for saying hi, but I wish I'd used my brain for 2 seconds and at least found out your name and how we connected. My wife and daughter laughed at me throughout the entire 3 days of the cruise, because I was recognized a lot, due to my involvement with the Facebook group for that sailing. I stupidly agreed to be the Admin for that group. So people were walking up to me and saying, "Hey, are you Chuck?"

And that's what confused me when you said hi. You asked about the Disney forum, but my head had been stuck in the Facebook group all cruise. So I"m sorry I was so slow on the uptake.

Was that your husband in the elevator? First cruise for you? What did you think of everything?

TheAristocourt

Your daughter was so funny! Last thing I heard her say before the elevator door shut was "Dad, you're a celebrity!" or something like that.

That was my husband with me in the elevator. I've sailed with Disney before, 7 Day Western Caribbean on the Magic...way back in like 2003 or so. I was around 16 and went with my family. It was the last time I remembered being completely relaxed and stress-free. For the last six years, I've been singing DCL's praises to my husband. So, about a month or so ago when I put in my two weeks before starting a new job (hence the delayed reply, my apologies), we decided it would be a great way to 1. introduce him and 2. de-stress! We got a good deal with the Florida Resident option and were cruising two weeks later.

It was exactly like I remembered. And he was hooked faster than you can say "Dole Whip." :)

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Your daughter was so funny! Last thing I heard her say before the elevator door shut was "Dad, you're a celebrity!" or something like that.
And she just said it to me again a few days ago; she was making fun of me because on the first night of the cruise, somebody thought I was a crew member and asked me to help her figure out her dining rotation. So the mockery continues. :)

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Original Poster
...with a sprinkling of 'small world'.
Totally "Small World". I should've thought to ask if anybody from the forum was going to be on the cruise. I'm kind of mad at myself for not thinking quickly enough to get a picture together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom