To rent, or not to rent, that is the question

dnswalker

Original Poster
Hi, guys.
My husband, daughter and I will be traveling to the Magical World from July 30 to Aug 10. We are staying at the Pop Century for 4 days and the Contemporary for the rest. We are so excited!!!

The question we have is whether or not to rent a vehicle. We are not planning on doing any off site touring other than maybe a trip to a grocery store. Our main concern is the efficiency of the transportation system. We are a little worried that due to the time of year we may encounter long waits for the buses. Also the switching hotels mid stream may be easier with a vehicle.

Any advice?

Sledge

Account Suspended
That's a good question about switching hotels. Not sure how that would work with all the luggage. Don't know what to tell you as far as that goes. Someone here will be able to answer that better than I can.

If that wasn't a concern I wouldn't worry about getting a rental. The busses are pretty reliable and the bussier the more frequent they show up. You shouldn't have a problem with them.

Have a blast.

elle72688

I think you will be fine. They seem to be pretty good about adding more busses when they are needed. Disney will transfer your luggage for you from POP to the CR. If you are thinking about groceries you can use one of the many grocery delivery services, use a towncar with a grocery stop or maybe just do a one day car rental.

CAPTAIN HOOK

If you're not planning on leaving WDW (to visit other parks) then don't bother with a hire car. For a trip to the grocery store a taxi will be sufficient, Disney Transportation will be adequate for all tour park trips

shoppingnut

If you want groceries you can order them on line and have them delivered to the resort. http://shop.goodings.com/ There is a $50 minimum and $10 service charge, but consider that a taxi will cost you at least $10-15 each way and a rental car much more if that is the only reason you're getting one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom