Trip Report 'Tis the Season to be Jolly... at WDW! 🎄 - Live- *COMPLETED*

Hello and Welcome Disney Friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another adventure is about to begin for Frank and me, starting tomorrow!
We are very excited, for this is our favorite time of the year at our favorite place in the World! We've been looking forward to this trip since we booked it back in January.

When: Dec 1 -Dec 9
Where: Bay Lake Tower
Who: Frank and Nunu

The last few days have been crazy, my friends, like they always are for us (mostly me!) trying to get everything in order here at home, including leaving my beloved turtle Domenica 🐢 under JC's care. You don't want to know how that went with her in the car today, she was trying to get out of her "house" while I was driving! And to make things more nerve wracking, Frank had to travel to Mexico this morning and I was afraid that something might delay him and that, could've complicated our departure tomorrow morning.

Fortunately, he landed an hour ago, so things are looking good so far, phew!

Frank and me, last December
20191111_154449.jpg

Our immediate plans are:
Fly tomorrow into Miami, lunch at Aventura Mall (between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) buy some necessities and stay the night.

Sunday morning we drive from there into Orlando. Those who followed us on our April/May trip, might remember about our highway scare, so this time around, we're hoping to check-in at our WDW Home, without any incidents at around 10am.
Wish us luck! 🤞😊

Thank you for choosing to read along, you're all delightful to have around, and we're happy and grateful for your company! Feel free to comment or ask, I'll do my best to keep you posted as much as I can. I'm an 🦉 so expect some late night posts. 😄

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
My bosses daughters will be in the world mid Jan. I told them about Bucky, and even though they are not “magicians” they hope they can get it on the fun!😀
BTW Nunu, X texted me this morning that he is going to die because it is so cold. I sent him a pix if the snow coming down here and he stopped whining!!!😂
About Bucky: If "you'll allow it", then it's fine with me too! 😄

I hope X isn't still whining about the cold, the weather is beginning to warm up a little down here. But you know, he'll find something else to complain about, right? :hilarious:
Keep warm, my friend!

Loco_driver

A few observations in no particular order. Those Christmas party crowds looked insane! Very cool about the small world costumes too! Love the view of bay lake you guys have. That macaroon just made my list. Did you guys get anything from the gingerbread house at grand Floridian? Thanks for sharing while on your trip, it has helped these last few days go by just a bit faster while waiting for our trip!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Don't let the blue skies fool you, it's still cold. Slightly warmer than yesterday, but cold.
20191204_130704.jpg

We were running late for our SE FP, so I modified it for after lunch.
We barely made it for our 2nd FP closing window. By exactly 1 minute!
20191204_155601.jpg

20191204_132213.jpg

First row!
20191204_155522.jpg

I almost caught the hidden Mickey here. Missed it by a second, maybe!
20191204_141302.jpg

This came out a lot better, I think
20191204_155916.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Lunch at Electric Umbrella, where we both ordered the Brisket Sandwich. Good sandwiches with lots of brisket in them, we also like the beer cheese on top. This might have been the last time we ate there. EU will be gone soon.
20191204_155432.jpg

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
A few observations in no particular order. Those Christmas party crowds looked insane! Very cool about the small world costumes too! Love the view of bay lake you guys have. That macaroon just made my list. Did you guys get anything from the gingerbread house at grand Floridian? Thanks for sharing while on your trip, it has helped these last few days go by just a bit faster while waiting for our trip!
Thank you for reading along, glad to be of some help with the waiting game.

We didn't get anything from the GF Gingerbread House. You'll be here very, very soon! if you get a yummy from there, I hope you'll let us know about it. 😉

donaldtoo

Getting back inside the park was 🥜🥜! But we managed somehow. We had a FP to make good use of.
View attachment 430304
Then, this:
View attachment 430305
Next time you ride, say hi to these little guys for us. They are the first dolls on your right, greeting you at the entrance of the Latin America section. Their costumes are made from original Mayan textiles, hand woven in our country. Disney asked for them through the American Embassy when the ride was last refurbished. This made news back at home at the time.
View attachment 430307

That’s really cool about those IaSW dolls...!!! :geek:
Thanks for sharin’ that...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom