Tips for military people

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've been to Disney several times since marrying a Marine, but never knew this stuff until this month.

What I was going to do was book a room at Pop Century for 4 nights and get 5 day Ultimate Park hoppers.

Cost - $441.60 for the room, $564 plus tax for 2 park hoppers =$1005 plus tax

Instead, knowing that Shades of Green would be full I called and requested a room, since there were none available I got an overflow rate to Pop Century. Total for 4 nights=$330

Then I went on base and instead of buying 5 day ultimate park hoppers I bought 4 day hoppers (that never expire) and 1 day waterpark passes. Didn't have to pay tax because I bought them on base, so the total cost for 2 adults was $438 - Grand total $768

So doing those 2 simple things saved me over $237 (plus whatever the tax would have been on the park hoppers).

I thought I'd pass that along to other military families.

Nicole

I've actually been told that the park tickets are a bit cheaper at the Shades of Green ticket office than they are at your local military travel office. Plus at SoG they sell the Stars and Stripes length-of-stay ticket which I don't think you can get anywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom