Tips for going to Disney World

Liane Layman

Original Poster
This may not be for everybody but this is what we do. We don't stay at a resort, too expensive. We stay at the Travelodge on Bronson Memorial Highway. It's not the most glamorous but it's clean and comfortable with microwave and refrigerator, free shuttle to the parks and free breakfast. The breakfast is only like cereal, milk, toast, muffins but that's all I ever eat for breakfast and you aren't in the room a lot and you save more money. There are other hotels off the resorts that are cheaper too and I don't need the extra stuff the resorts give you. The Mears shuttle to the hotel or cab or renting a car is expensive and the hotel has free shuttle so we take the public bus. It takes a little longer to get to your hotel but a lot cheaper. We don't go to a park on the first day because I'm not paying to go for half a day. And we have to get our food at the grocery store anyway. I get my tickets on Disney's website. The more you buy the cheaper they are and also Universals website. But be careful because there are scams out there. I don't eat in the parks, too expensive. I'm happy with my pack of cheese crackers, granola bar and bottled water I get from the bathroom. You can bring in any bottled water or soda and go up to any concession stand and they will give you a free cup of ice. I bring in a thermos for my niece and her friend with chicken nuggets I heated up before we left and they I buy a big bag of pretzels and put some in smaller plastic bags everyday for them. If you want any snacks there are places in the park that have them for $5 or less. Magic Kingdom has an ice cream place on Main street that gives 2 big scoops of ice cram cones for $5 I think. You can go on youtube and find out about other snacks. If you miss the last shuttle bus back to your hotel, take Uber, it's cheaper then a cab.

Kobe!!

This may not be for everybody but this is what we do. We don't stay at a resort, too expensive. We stay at the Travelodge on Bronson Memorial Highway. It's not the most glamorous but it's clean and comfortable with microwave and refrigerator, free shuttle to the parks and free breakfast. The breakfast is only like cereal, milk, toast, muffins but that's all I ever eat for breakfast and you aren't in the room a lot and you save more money. There are other hotels off the resorts that are cheaper too and I don't need the extra stuff the resorts give you. The Mears shuttle to the hotel or cab or renting a car is expensive and the hotel has free shuttle so we take the public bus. It takes a little longer to get to your hotel but a lot cheaper. We don't go to a park on the first day because I'm not paying to go for half a day. And we have to get our food at the grocery store anyway. I get my tickets on Disney's website. The more you buy the cheaper they are and also Universals website. But be careful because there are scams out there. I don't eat in the parks, too expensive. I'm happy with my pack of cheese crackers, granola bar and bottled water I get from the bathroom. You can bring in any bottled water or soda and go up to any concession stand and they will give you a free cup of ice. I bring in a thermos for my niece and her friend with chicken nuggets I heated up before we left and they I buy a big bag of pretzels and put some in smaller plastic bags everyday for them. If you want any snacks there are places in the park that have them for $5 or less. Magic Kingdom has an ice cream place on Main street that gives 2 big scoops of ice cram cones for $5 I think. You can go on youtube and find out about other snacks. If you miss the last shuttle bus back to your hotel, take Uber, it's cheaper then a cab.

What? lol

Since when did they sell food in the bathrooms? haha

eliza61nyc

So this is really too broad of a question. depends on what your audience is.

Now for me I'm the opposite of Op. When I go on vacation I want a break from my usual life. I'm not staying off site and have to deal with going back and forth on the road. I'm not saying it's hard, it's just I do that every day so I'll budget for onsite.

My number one tip is research. luckily in this day and age there are countless websites and books on Disney that one can plan a trip specifically for their family. a quick search will give you a ball park idea of what it will cost and then you can decide what's worth the asking price and what is not.

When visiting Walt Disney World, there are a number of things that can save you time and money, or enhance the quality of your holiday. But the best Disney World Tip for you is to save your valuable money.

Save money
  • Carry your own food and beverages. Disney allows coolers and cases up to a certain size into the park (it will be checked at the gate for any contraband) but you are free to take food and drinks into the park, alcohol and glass are not allowed. Also, wherever you can get fountain soft drinks will give you free cups of water.

macefamily

When we first started taking the kids to Disney & Universal back in the mid-90's we were kind of like Layman. But we always had a rental car so we can move about freely. We used to stay at a hotel off of Sand Lake Rd which has since been demolished. I remember eating at one of those Boston Lobsters which is a cheap all-you-can-eat. Since then, we have moved on to renting homes and town homes as the kids got older. We're now DVC'ers so we'll utilize that once a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom