Tips for getting upgraded view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

disneymillionaire

Original Poster
Hubby and I are headed to WDW in 3 weeks to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We were able to take advantage of special pricing and get a standard room in the Animal Kingdom Lodge! We have never stayed (or even visited) here before and are very excited! Any tips on areas for best viewing? We don't necessarily want an upgraded room (but wouldn't turn it down!) but may want to ask if a certain area is available. What are the best "standard" rooms with a nice view of animals? BTW, we never get upgraded and usually have views of parking lots so this is probably just a dream. ;-)

nickys

Premium Member
Hubby and I are headed to WDW in 3 weeks to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We were able to take advantage of special pricing and get a standard room in the Animal Kingdom Lodge! We have never stayed (or even visited) here before and are very excited! Any tips on areas for best viewing? We don't necessarily want an upgraded room (but wouldn't turn it down!) but may want to ask if a certain area is available. What are the best "standard" rooms with a nice view of animals? BTW, we never get upgraded and usually have views of parking lots so this is probably just a dream. ;-)

The best I have is to make sure the anniversary is noted on your reservation.

Otherwise I think it's all down to luck. Some CMs will never upgarade someone who asks, others might. What you could do is do the online check-in and request a partial savannah view (if that's an option, or phone / fax it in).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Call the reservation center and request a Savannah view room. There is a small number of rooms that have a poor Savannah view and were removed from the Savannah view inventory. If you request Savannah view, you have a chance of getting one of those rooms.

cjkeating

I recently went to AK Lodge on a standard room booking and did nothing to request a savannah room but was allocated one.

Whilst I think luck plays a part in it I feel like if their are spare savannah rooms (or partial/obstructed savannah views which is what they actually are) they will use those above standard rooms.

Weather_Lady

CMs sometimes are inspired to make a little "extra magic" for those celebrating a special occasion. Asking the CM at check-in for buttons marking your 25th anniversary might be a way to subtlely raise the issue.

Tk0021

We stayed there this past September and they just gave us savanna view rooms with out us saying a word. Nothing special was noted on our reservation. I think it just benefited them some how.

BuddyThomas

There are a few rooms on the Savannah that, for whatever reason, are classified as standard view. I found this out in our last trip when I asked if there was any possibility of Savannah view. Our check in person then clicked a hundred million keys and said "Well, we can only give you standard view but I found s room that I think you will be very happy with."

Here was our view:

View attachment 257397

View attachment 257397
View attachment 257397
View attachment 257398

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Not to be snarky but my standard advice is to pay for the room view that you want.

Can I like this multiple times? I don't want to be snarky either but it's a frustrating world we live in where people expect to be upgraded/compensated for everything. It's your ANNIVERSARY - spend the extra coin for the view you want!

disneymillionaire

Original Poster
Can I like this multiple times? I don't want to be snarky either but it's a frustrating world we live in where people expect to be upgraded/compensated for everything. It's your ANNIVERSARY - spend the extra coin for the view you want!
I may have titled my post incorrectly. In my original post that I said that I don't expect to be upgraded. "We don't necessarily want an upgraded room (but wouldn't turn it down!) but may want to ask if a certain area is available. What are the best "standard" rooms with a nice view of animals?"
I am just asking about standard rooms with the best view so I can ask if those rooms are available.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I may have titled my post incorrectly. In my original post that I said that I don't expect to be upgraded. "We don't necessarily want an upgraded room (but wouldn't turn it down!) but may want to ask if a certain area is available. What are the best "standard" rooms with a nice view of animals?"
I am just asking about standard rooms with the best view so I can ask if those rooms are available.

No worries - I wasn't trying to be a female dog - I spend WAYYYYYY too much time on Facebook groups where people are essentially demanding to be upgraded for free and if not their "vacation is ruined" - I need to tone-down the snark on here ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like I said earlier, call the reservation center and add Savannah view to your requests. There are a number of standard rooms with a view of the Savannah. It won't be the best view, but it beats parking lot view by a mile.

disneymillionaire

Original Poster
The best I have is to make sure the anniversary is noted on your reservation.

Otherwise I think it's all down to luck. Some CMs will never upgarade someone who asks, others might. What you could do is do the online check-in and request a partial savannah view (if that's an option, or phone / fax it in).

Thanks -I made sure our Anniversary is noted on the reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom