Tipping The Disney Characters

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe in Vegas....
halloween-blues.jpg

But, in the Disney parks.......No..

JIMINYCR

We take along printed appreciation cards that we give to any CM's and characters that add enjoyment to our trip or do something that shows their kindness to us. We also write up a note at guest services to let their supervisors know how they were performing their jobs.
We do oiur part to help make their jobs a bit brighter.

DisAl

We take along printed appreciation cards that we give to any CM's and characters that add enjoyment to our trip or do something that shows their kindness to us. We also write up a note at guest services to let their supervisors know how they were performing their jobs.
We do oiur part to help make their jobs a bit brighter.

Sending a note to Disney is the best thing you can do for a CM. Make sure you give enough ID to positively identify them if you can, i.e. "Jimmy from New York, working with Tigger at Crystal Palace on May 15". Whatever you say goes in their employee files and can have an impact on their future at Disney.
Some of the most outstanding CMs we have encountered have been PhotoPass photographers who could get my 4 year old grandson to do just what they wanted. And yes, we did send a letter to Disney about them.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
This isn't going to turn into another "tipping" thread? Is it? Cause we already tip the waiter/waitresses, bartenders (at certain locations) and housekeeping. If somebody is going to come along and advocate that CM's, bus drivers, ferry captains and custodial also need to be tipped. Then I'm going to lose "my stuff".

graphite1326

Does anyone tip the Disney characters when you get your picture with them❓
NO NO NO NO NO. It's part of going to the park. It's not like the fakes in Las Vegas where they demand a tip. I tip for other services though. Waiters and waitresses who don't make minimum wage I always tip 20%. Bartenders. I tip the housekeepers mainly because I want good service.

I have noticed a new trend where some over-the-counter food places (not Disney) now have a tip jar. Sorry, I don't tip them.

J_Carioca

It seems they would have to break character to accept the tip. I can't imagine Peter Pan knowing what to do with something so grownup as money.

Yes, exactly. Pretty much all of them would have to break character. What the hell would Chip n Dale do with a five-dollar bill? Chew it up and use it in their nest? The princesses? These characters are supposed to live in a world where money is not really an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom