timing on rope drop

Ademello192

Wondering how much time you gave yourself to get to the rope drop from your resort, our 5th trip and we have never experienced it. We are staying at CBR.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Wondering how much time you gave yourself to get to the rope drop from your resort, our 5th trip and we have never experienced it. We are staying at CBR.
We usually planned to be at the bus stop about an hour before rope drop. The amount of time you allow will really depend on your resort location and the time of year. MK is the only park still doing a welcome show so if you get to a park too early you're just going to be standing there staring at the back of someone's head. ;) lol

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Unless its a busy time of year, I've never found the crowds at rope drop to be so big that it mattered whether you were at the front or the back of the pack. Once everyone is through the turnstiles the crowd disperses pretty quickly. I'd rather sleep a little later or take a little extra time relaxing at breakfast before a busy day :)

Upvote 0

TrolleyFollower91

The only park I feel is worth being at for "rope drop" would be MK due to the Morning Show. The show usually goes off 10-15 minutes prior to park opening. Plan to arrive at 8:45, so you should be at the CBR main bus stop no later than 8. With the bus transportation, you could arrive at MK at 8:20 or 8:50, you never know.

For the other parks, I would honestly suggest arriving 10 minutes after park opening. The crowds have dispersed so you don't have to walk in a mass of people to the E-tickets but the lines are still short. Also beware of Disney "stacking" the line at that time, meaning they are lining people up outside the attraction (not letting them into the show building) to make the line seem longer and have people disperse through the park. The typical rides that stack are Space Mountain and RnR. Don't let the line fool you- the wait time will be short.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Depends on the time of year you go, but if the crowds are expected to be large we get there at least 30-45 minutes before rope drop. There have been many times at MK when you couldn't even get through the turnstiles until after they opened up. Either get there at least 30 minutes before, or wait til later when the lines disperse a bit. It's not as big a deal if you're not going at a busy time of year.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
The best part is not having to wait for/take a tram at the end of a 15+/- hour day at the MK. Simply walk up, get in, and head to the resort!

We've managed to be the first car in MK lot three times now. My avatar picture is courtesy of one of those times. On that day we also waited at TTC for it to open (we were 1:15 before park opening).

In general, though we try to be at the gate 30 minutes before opening and then we play card games while we sit and wait.

Upvote 0

draybook

We've managed to be the first car in MK lot three times now. My avatar picture is courtesy of one of those times. On that day we also waited at TTC for it to open (we were 1:15 before park opening).

In general, though we try to be at the gate 30 minutes before opening and then we play card games while we sit and wait.

Yeah, we had a 7 a.m. ADR at Chef Mickey's this past September and we had to wait on them to start the monorail up so we could even go up the ramp. I think we arrived at the TTC around 6:20. All I know is that I got "lost" and made a complete loop back to the turn before the parking signs and I was still the first car in the lot, and not a single CM to be seen.

Upvote 0

disneyfan1995

For my family, rope drop really isn't that big of a deal anymore. The only park I think it is a big deal at is MK cause of the opening show, which can be fun. The other parks you have to deal with the huge crowds all going in at once which gets really irritating especially when everyone is dashing for TSM fastpasses at DHS.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Yeah, we had a 7 a.m. ADR at Chef Mickey's this past September and we had to wait on them to start the monorail up so we could even go up the ramp. I think we arrived at the TTC around 6:20. All I know is that I got "lost" and made a complete loop back to the turn before the parking signs and I was still the first car in the lot, and not a single CM to be seen.

Not so much at MK, but at Studios DD9 is upset when we aren't the first car of the morning! On one visit, we were the second car - the first car was some close friends that we didn't even realize were going to be there. Perhaps that's why we're friends!

Upvote 0

PUSH

We leave probably 45 minutes early. Give us enough time to get through the turnstyles and allows extra time in case we run into problems (which we never have).

Upvote 0

GabeP

In my experience at CB, the MK busses were few and far betweeen..prob only 2-3 an hour comapred with 5-6 other busses for the other parks. Combine that with the fact that CB has lots of bus stops, and I'd say 75 minutes just to be safe. Between looping around the resort and then the 10 minute bus ride to MK youre looking at about 30 minutes from the time you board your bus to arrival at MK even during slow periods.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom