Timing of arrival meal

Realgrumpy

Original Poster
My flight is arriving at MCO at 8:35 a.m. We are taking Magical Express to Beach Club. Is 10:15 a safe time for breakfast at Cape May?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It's a gamble because you don't know if a bus will be waiting for you or not, or if you will be the first stop or not.

We take a hired car from the airport, and we normally land at 8:30 in the morning, get to the hotel, check in the bags, check in at the front desk, get park clothes on, get sunscreen on, have a snack, and head to MK by about 10:15. So if you hired a car, absolutely enough time. But you won't know about the DME ride until you get there and see if you're lucky enough to have a bus ready for you.

Shouldigo12

I'm going to make it 11:00. Thanks!
Even 11 is cutting it close. The advice I got was don't book anything less than three hours after you land. I booked my first meal 3 and a half hours after we landed. Cue a huge snowstorm blowing through the night before my flight, delaying it by four hours and causing me to miss my first meal AND two fastpasses. I don't know if a snowstorm will be likely when you visit, but if I were you I would make the first meal later in the day and plan to stop for snacks to keep you going in the meantime. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Simba’s Mom

My flight is arriving at MCO at 8:35 a.m.

I've never understood why people assume this. What's actually happening is that your flight is SUPPOSED to arrive at 8:35am. We've been on flights that have been 4 hours late to WDW, and flights that have been cancelled after we got on the airplane. We never book TS for arrival day (except one time, when we booked while we sat on the Magical Express bus)-don't trust airlines.

Realgrumpy

Original Poster
I've never understood why people assume this. What's actually happening is that your flight is SUPPOSED to arrive at 8:35am. We've been on flights that have been 4 hours late to WDW, and flights that have been cancelled after we got on the airplane. We never book TS for arrival day (except one time, when we booked while we sat on the Magical Express bus)-don't trust airlines.

Wow. Thanks for your words of wisdom. Sorry about your misfortune with your flights. Have a magical day!

Weather_Lady

It all depends on how important having that meal at that restaurant is to you, since a delayed flight would ruin your plan.

Candidly, I wouldn't mind having an ADR be that close to your scheduled arrival, assuming you were able to head straight to the DME counter once you got to the airport (meaning, you know your way around MCO, and won't have to stop at Baggage Claim). However, I may have a false sense of confidence because so far, knock on wood, we've always had good luck -- our JetBlue and Southwest flights have always been on time, and within two hours of touching down, we're able to take DME to our hotel, check in, take a bus to the MK, and waltz through the gates.

But it is a gamble as with any flight, so I'd have a back-up plan in case you get delayed -- if you can't modify the ADR to a later time (you should try via the app and if it looks like nothing is available, call the dining line and see if they can help you out), you'd have to cancel it -- to avoid the penalty for canceling with less than 24 hours notice, you'd need to first modify it to a few days or weeks into the future, and then cancel it. If the idea of having to cancel is a heartbreaker, then definitely move the ADR to later so you have a better cushion.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom