Timekeeper Open

Spectroman17

Original Poster
After recent rumors of closure, the Timekeeper is infact still open and running. I was there before Christmas Eve, and the attraction was still open and going, as was Carousel of Progress!!!!

Buford

Thanks for the update! Did anything new or different go on? Also, if anyone has seen anything interesting, please let us know! :) I hope to check it out soon, hopefully before it closes again.

SamatBCV

I went on Timekeeper on the 22nd and COP on the 24th. Both were normal and nothing was changed. A cast member at COP did talk about possible closing and what is going on. To paraphrase, Disney execs were going to close COP, but there was a large uproar from people like him and so it is going to stick around for "another century". This cast member was a BIG fan of COP, has worked at Disney for a long time and said his kids now work for Disney. I know, I know, this is all hearsay and he could have made everything up, but I just thought I'd share what he said. Take it for what its worth. I'll have a trip report and a pic of timekeeper later.

SamatBCV

Oh, one more bit of info...

I want COP to remain, but based on the attendance at the park (pretty heavy on Christmas Eve), I can understand why its only open for a brief period each year and why execs have considered removing it. There just weren't many people that went to it. This is even more true with Timekeeper. We went at a busy time of day when most lines were long and the Timekeeper theatre was only about 1/4 full. I think its a good show, but Disney is a business and with such low attendance (at Timekeeper and COP, not the parks) I can see why they wouldn't want to pay for the staffing.

Remember, I'm not slamming the attractions, just stating the fact that few people go to them, so don't slam me too hard. (Slam the people that don't go to those attractions. ;) )

WDWspider

Originally posted by SamatBCV
Oh, one more bit of info...

I want COP to remain, but based on the attendance at the park (pretty heavy on Christmas Eve), I can understand why its only open for a brief period each year and why execs have considered removing it. There just weren't many people that went to it. This is even more true with Timekeeper. We went at a busy time of day when most lines were long and the Timekeeper theatre was only about 1/4 full. I think its a good show, but Disney is a business and with such low attendance (at Timekeeper and COP, not the parks) I can see why they wouldn't want to pay for the staffing.

Remember, I'm not slamming the attractions, just stating the fact that few people go to them, so don't slam me too hard. (Slam the people that don't go to those attractions. ;) )

Could this have anything to do with the fact that most maps don't list it now and since it is closed most of the time people don't know to look for it?

Buford

Very true. It's missed on practically any Disney map (outside of the parks) or promotional videos. So guests have no idea what it is. I am sure adding these back on guide maps can benefit the company. :)

WDWspider

Originally posted by OneLittleSpark

Maybe $omething el$e is $haping a company?? :rolleyes: :brick: :hammer: :hammer:

For some time now... and some people will argue that you have to run a business like a business, but it was never started that way and would not be where it is today if that were the case, it would be just another Universal studios (if that).

SamatBCV

I think Walt had a strong business sense but where he differed is that he had a vision. As much as I admire Walt, I wouldn't say he was altruistic. He started his business to make money first, but he balanced that with a priority given to quality family entertainment.

What I mean is that I think he did run the business like a business, but understood that if you have a vision that inspired people THAT is what generates success. Today, too many business leaders look at money as the motivating factor without looking at what generates their business.

Elaine

EXCELLENT!!! Hope they keep both it and the CoP open until the end of January. I'd like to see them both one more time before they get rid of them...if they are going to get rid of them. Hope not. 26 DAYS!!!

Buford

Both TK and COP are going to close January 4th. It's unlikely they'll ever reopen until President's Day Weekend. :( But just wish upon a star!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom