Time for new Souvenir cups?

AndyS2992

Yes definitely. Don't like the current design very much. Could have at least put the castle poking over the bushes in the back so that it doesn't just look like a cup from Walmart or something. I did love the 2007/2008 blue/silver Year of a Million Dreams design though :)

PUSH

I wish they'd go back to the resort specific mugs, but I like the current ones. With that said, I still would like a new design. I have 5 or 6 of these mugs and don't need anymore. The designs are getting dated and old. I also wish they would give you the option of the fatter mugs and the tall skinny ones again.

disneygirl1024

I wish they'd go back to the resort specific mugs, but I like the current ones. With that said, I still would like a new design. I have 5 or 6 of these mugs and don't need anymore. The designs are getting dated and old. I also wish they would give you the option of the fatter mugs and the tall skinny ones again.

Me too!

smethbet

The designs are getting dated and old.
a16
k3

Tinkerkell

The resort specific mugs were great, but I doubt they'll go back to those as it's cheaper for them to order mugs that are all the same. I also liked the "chunky" mugs better than the slimmer option they sell now.

I do hope they introduce a new mug soon since the promotion has changed. All Star Sports did a trial run with mugs and RFID chips, but I don't know if they are still experimenting with that or not.

I have one more item on my Mug Wish List. At most resorts, I've seen three color options. Since many people travel with a family of four, four color options would be nice.

JIMINYCR

Yeah, I liked the looks of the resort specific mugs too. When I came home with the newer taller one, I thought, it looks like it holds less than the others I have. So I filled them and compared the amount. Much to my surprise they held the same amount, and all the time I thought I was getting less.

Pooh Lover

Absolutely THIS! I still use both the large and small Wilderness Lodge mugs I got forever ago. I have about a dozen of the latest mugs that don't get used at all. I love the Disney characters and all but I feel like an adult that has stolen a child's mug when I look at the current ones.

PUSH

Yeah, I liked the looks of the resort specific mugs too. When I came home with the newer taller one, I thought, it looks like it holds less than the others I have. So I filled them and compared the amount. Much to my surprise they held the same amount, and all the time I thought I was getting less.

It's because the fat ones look bigger because of how wide they are, but in reality they have a much smaller inside circumference than outside circumference.

EOD K9

Why would anyone want new mugs when we can pay once and use them everytime we stay at wdw??
Once RFID kicks in you won't. The chip under the cup will be activated when you purchase it and be good for x number of days of your stay. When you try to use it on a subsequent visit, red and blue strobes will activate, sirens will go off, and a Mickey voice will boom from a loudspeaker, "Hey Kids, Mickey doesn't like it when you try to cheat the system".

Edit - Mickey's voice I guess really doesn't boom, but you get the idea....It will be loud.

bethymouse

I always thought the current design should be for summer only. The pink, light blue, and black choices are so old! It comes as part of your "package" now. I use them for coffee at home. Well, 2013 should have a new mug design!:mad: Hopefully by 2014 a new one will be available!:eek:

PUSH

I always thought the current design should be for summer only. The pink, light blue, and black choices are so old! It comes as part of your "package" now. I use them for coffee at home. Well, 2013 should have a new mug design!:mad: Hopefully by 2014 a new one will be available!:eek:

Don't forget the yellow! Although I believe that was only for the first year or something like that.

JIMINYCR

BTW, most of what I said about RFID is true. It is now up to you to figure out what isn't.

Too bad....Flashing lights and booming Mickey voice. I think that sounds great. But we need a little bit of Jiminy in there too reminding the would be cheaters whats right and whats wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom