Tiering and same day FP - is junk better than nothing?

msteel

Original Poster
FP commandos:
Suppose I have a mid morning Tier1 FP at Epcot and I want to try to get another tier 1 the as soon as I have used it (naturally, this assumes availability).

If I also hold two "junk" FP "just in case" can I change one to Tier 1 after I have used my advance tier 1?

Or, can I cancel both "junk" FP at that punt and then get another Tier 1?

Or is it better to only have the one advance tier 1 FP and no "junk" so all my advance FP will actually be used up at that point and I can start on my "additional" FP?

nickys

Premium Member
FP commandos:
Suppose I have a mid morning Tier1 FP at Epcot and I want to try to get another tier 1 the as soon as I have used it (naturally, this assumes availability).

If I also hold two "junk" FP "just in case" can I change one to Tier 1 after I have used my advance tier 1?

Or, can I cancel both "junk" FP at that punt and then get another Tier 1?

Or is it better to only have the one advance tier 1 FP and no "junk" so all my advance FP will actually be used up at that point and I can start on my "additional" FP?

You will not be able to get another tier 1 fastpass at the same park until you have used your initial 3. Just booking 1 will not work, you will then have to book 2 more tier 2 fastpasses. Cancelling will not work, but "burning" will I think. That is, book 2 before your tier 1 time. Once their time is up, they are effectively "used".

msteel

Original Poster
Thanks for this info. I have already booked my tier 1 and its time doesn't work with what you have suggested. I think I will instead try to burn the other two faster by moving them earlier after I use the tier 1.

sjhym333

I would also suggest that once you get through your first 2nd tier FP you go onto the app and move your other 2nd tier FP to an earlier time since once you use the first one your availability window will change on your second, then you can use your 1st tier one and then try to get a second 1st tier. For example...if you use your 2nd tier FP at 9:30 and use it at 9:35 you can then move your other one to 9:40 (if available) and use it right away as long as your first tier FP isn't in the 9:40 to 10:40 window. We do this all the time.

msteel

Original Poster
I would also suggest that once you get through your first 2nd tier FP you go onto the app and move your other 2nd tier FP to an earlier time since once you use the first one your availability window will change on your second, then you can use your 1st tier one and then try to get a second 1st tier. For example...if you use your 2nd tier FP at 9:30 and use it at 9:35 you can then move your other one to 9:40 (if available) and use it right away as long as your first tier FP isn't in the 9:40 to 10:40 window. We do this all the time.
Yes, that would work if you can actually use the tier2 passes, and if they at before the tier1. Neither is really compatible with my current tier1 slot or surrounding plans. I'll keep seeing what things I can rearrange.

msteel

Original Poster
Also, are there similar restrictions at parks where tiering is not in effect?

For example, with an early advance FP for Safari, would another Safari FP be allowed as soon as the first is used?

Tuvalu

Also, are there similar restrictions at parks where tiering is not in effect?

For example, with an early advance FP for Safari, would another Safari FP be allowed as soon as the first is used?
No. You must use your initial three fastpasses before booking a repeat attraction, regardless of tiers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom