Tickets starting a week before resort stay, what to do with magic bands

Qscout

Original Poster
Hopefully this will be a quick one, have looked through the forums and cant find an earlier post similar.

We have a resort booked for a week in April, but are arriving in Orlando the week before and will be holding 14 day tickets. We also have magicbands from a previous trip.

Can we use our tickets on our previous bands then transfer the hotel reservation onto the old ones so we can open the room door, or will it be easier to transfer the tickets and MDE information onto the new bands we will get for the 2nd week. Or will this automatically happen through the magic of MDE?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
All automatic. Unless your resort reservation is a "package" including your 14-day tickets. AFAIK the tickets on a package don't come available until you're checked in.

Magic Bands are fully interchangeable, any active MB on your account will let you access the same info as any other MB on your account. The only thing to consider is the age of the MBs. After a couple of years, the batteries run out for things like on-ride photos. Even without the battery, they still work for FP+, park entry, room entry and point of sale payments.

JaxFLBear

All automatic. Unless your resort reservation is a "package" including your 14-day tickets. AFAIK the tickets on a package don't come available until you're checked in.
Since the OP has 14-day tickets, I have to assume they are coming from the UK. AFAIK, UK "package" tickets can still be activated early by stopping at Guest Relations.

Jon81uk

Since the OP has 14-day tickets, I have to assume they are coming from the UK. AFAIK, UK "package" tickets can still be activated early by stopping at Guest Relations.

Nope, I was told this years ago, turned up at guest relations and they couldn't do it. They gave me complimentary tickets for 3 days in the end to solve it after I spent several hours at both guest relations and the front desk of the hotel. But I noticed on a more recent trip all communications clearly stated tickets & package valid from XXX with the date being the check-date.
If you are coming from the UK your tickets are only valid from package start date.

Qscout

Original Poster
This isn't part of package as we were told clearly at time of booking the resort that the tickets will start on day of check in. As a result we have booked it all separate.
Yes we are coming from the UK, and we have been several times, for the first time we see valid from dates. Any other trip they said 14 days from first use.
As long as they are all on mydisneyexperience and will be replicated across magicbands that's good for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom