Tickets and Biometrics

daweasel

Just had a question about the new biometrics system that Disney is using. Does this apply to 10-day tickets also? The reason I ask is twofold:

1) Some relatives of ours went to Disney last October and used 5 days of their 10 day passes. Due to health issues that have arisen since then, they are unable to use the remainder of their days on the tickets and have offered the tickets to my wife and myself to use when we take our children in a year or so. Will it be possible for us to use the remainder of these tickets or are the remaining (paid-for) days gone forever?

2) We also have other relatives that are planning to pruchase a matching set of tickets for the kids as their birthdays and such come up in the future, will these tickets be able to be purchased as gifts by them and then presented to us, or will they just need to give us the cash and we purchase the tickets ourselves?

Lauriebar

1. The new Magic Your Way ticket are the ones that will use biometrics, so the old (Park Hopper) style can be used without a problem.

2. How old are your children? Biometrics are not used on children up to a certain age. I'm not sure what the cut off age is.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Also, I think that the biometric measurements are taken with the first use of the tickets, so it wouldn't matter who bought them, it would matter who used them the first time.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

If the ticket has a line on the back for a signature, the finger scan will be taken. If not, no finger scan. When we were there a couple weeks ago, we exchanged old ticket media (the kind w/o the mag. strip), and we were issued tickets that needed to be signed and we also had to do the finger scan. My girlfriend's ticket, on the otherhand, was an old parkhopper purchased from AAA in September. It did not have a line for a signature, nor did she have to do the finger scan.

Also, finger scans are required for anyone with an Adult ticket. Children using a child'ss ticket (under 10) don't do the finger scan.

Upvote 0

daweasel

Original Poster
Thanks for the response!!

Appreciate the info. They are the standard parkhoppers, so that alleviates some of my concerns. As far as the kids are concerned, they will be 6 and 5 when we go, think the biometrics don't start until age 8, so may be safe :)

Upvote 0
These biometric things, what are they? because this site is saying they've only just come out but when I went last summer we had to stick our fingers in these machine things :rolleyes: to make sure we were the ticket holders. has the technology changed or something because I thought they were what people are going on about now?

Help sort out this kaffoffle - I dont' like it! - Yea I know!

(Only we Brits will understand:p)

YAY - 42nd post!!!!! :sohappy: (my favourite number)

Upvote 0
I don't think so!

It was a 10 day world ticket - only available in the UK.
It probably only worked for that one then. But the machines were still there.
Its a dead cool machine to use as well! :D

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Beany-Fantasmic said:
I don't think so!

It was a 10 day world ticket - only available in the UK.
It probably only worked for that one then. But the machines were still there.
Its a dead cool machine to use as well! :D

When you stick your fingers in the first time you use the ticket, the reader records the bone length of your fingers. Those measurements are then tied to that ticket. Only someone with the same finger measurements, namely you, will be able to use the ticket in the future. Subsequent times when you enter the park again, it will measure your fingers and compare it to the measurements taken when the ticket was first used. If these measurements match up, you are admitted. If not, the CM needs to help you. I don't know what happens for sure, but they probably check your ID and compare signatures on the back of the ticket.

I heard somewhere (here, I think) that the system isn't highly accurate and that 1 out of 100 people would have the same measurement. Just enough to provide that extra bit of security to deter the scammers out on 192 :fork:

Upvote 0
SpenceMan01 said:
I heard somewhere (here, I think) that the system isn't highly accurate and that 1 out of 100 people would have the same measurement.

I would think that 1 in 100 people is a good enough ratio for the system to be useful, and stop resales. I can just see it on ebay now:

Disney 7 Day Premium
Ticket for sale $100, suitable for those with fingers 4 inches long.
:hammer:

Anywho,
from past experience (using the 10 day world pass) whenever my fingers didn't make a match (and yes it was my ticket) the CM let me in with out singing, but obviously this could b different now the system is used on a larger scale.

jonny

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom