Ticket Pricing

ellebelle78

Please forgive my ignorance; it has been many years since I last visited WDW. I am planning a trip for June 2024. I priced the tickets for the dates we are aiming for and the price is $140/day. Will the price for these dates go up if I wait to buy them closer to our departure date?

arich35

Please forgive my ignorance; it has been many years since I last visited WDW. I am planning a trip for June 2024. I priced the tickets for the dates we are aiming for and the price is $140/day. Will the price for these dates go up if I wait to buy them closer to our departure date?
Disney can raise ticket prices at any point, hard to tell nowadays

Upvote 0

Marionnette

It used to be that you could expect a price increase every winter around late January/early February. Now, with date-based ticketing, it's much more difficult to track price increases. One thing you can count on is that ticket prices don't go down.

There might be discounts tied to room-ticket-dining packages or special tickets like the 4-park magic pass that allowed one visit to each of the 4 parks (which was $99/day this past summer). Whether you purchase your tickets now or wait for some kind of summer special is always a crap shoot.

Upvote 0

ellebelle78

Original Poster
Thanks for the help! I was a WDW expert planner 10 years ago, now I feel like such an idiot!!!

What would happen if I purchased the tickets now and then a package special is released later. Would I be able to upgrade my ticket purchase to a package?

Upvote 0

Marionnette

Thanks for the help! I was a WDW expert planner 10 years ago, now I feel like such an idiot!!!

What would happen if I purchased the tickets now and then a package special is released later. Would I be able to upgrade my ticket purchase to a package?
Tickets are non-refundable but their value can be used to purchase another ticket if you wish to upgrade to more days, a hopper or to a different range of dates. But they cannot be applied to a resort package. It has a lot to do with the separation of divisions within the Disney organization. Resorts "purchase" tickets from the Parks division in order to bundle them into packages.

If you want to lock in current ticket prices by reserving a package, you can always try to modify your package if a great deal comes out for your dates. The beauty of booking the package now would be that you only have to make a small deposit, you lock in your price regardless of ticket or resort price increases, you can modify it without penalty if a better deal comes out and you can cancel if need be and get a refund as long as you do it within the restrictions (at one time it was 45 days before arrival, not sure if that still holds).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The one thing Ive learned is prices go up. Planning on a set cost right now helps you start to budget and save but plan on the worse scenario and try to build up extra savings for the trip. If it isnt Dis tickets it will be the flights, the cost of dining , the cost of snacks, the cost of merch, and any unexpected expenses or anything else tied into the trip. When the trip is over if you come back with money left over, you save it for the next trip or put it back in savings.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom