Ticket expiration

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
If I book fastpasses for my ticket through MDE and last minute decide not to go to the park that day, it doesn't make my ticket expire does it?

Tom

Beta Return
To further clarify, your ticket does not activate until the first time you walk through a turnstile. That's when the timer starts ticking on the 14-day expiration clock, and when the first day of your ticket is used.

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
My husband is not sure if he will make it on our trip or for how long he would be there. We only have 2 park days. I am trying to decide if I should order him a 2 day ticket, or 2 one day tickets. I want to go ahead and get enough days so I can book fastpasses. If I order 2 one day tickets and he comes the whole time can they combine them when I add hopping for him after he arrives?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Don't buy two tickets for him. They can't be combined. You can upgrade a one-day if he needs it.

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
If i do that i cant book two days of fast passes? He is giving me 75% guarantee he will be there. Being spring break, i think i cant wait to do the fastpasses.

Tom

Beta Return
If i do that i cant book two days of fast passes? He is giving me 75% guarantee he will be there. Being spring break, i think i cant wait to do the fastpasses.

Then you just need to make a decision and buy a 1-day or 2-day ticket now. Any other scenario would end up costing you more.

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
Buying the two day. One more question. When I link his ticket on mde to make the fast passes, if he doesn't use the ticket at all is it permanently linked to him or could my daughter use it when she goes at Christmas?

JaxFLBear

Buying the two day. One more question. When I link his ticket on mde to make the fast passes, if he doesn't use the ticket at all is it permanently linked to him or could my daughter use it when she goes at Christmas?
If it has never been used for park entry, it can be reassigned to someone else in your family & friends list.

RMichael21

If he uses the first day, but not the second, the second day will expire 14 days after you first go to the park. So, he'll either have to go for no days or all of them if you want to get your money's worth. Usually, I would suggest you buy the no-expiration option, but unfortunately Disney discontinued that.

dreamfinder

If he uses the first day, but not the second, the second day will expire 14 days after you first go to the park. So, he'll either have to go for no days or all of them if you want to get your money's worth. Usually, I would suggest you buy the no-expiration option, but unfortunately Disney discontinued that.

As far as I know they haven't officially discontinued the no-expiration option. They simply no longer offer it online, but you can still buy it in person or via a 3rd party reseller. Rumors are it may completely go away with the next increase, but that hasn't been formally announced yet according to anything I have seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom