News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details -

"Tiana’s Palace will be the newest restaurant on Orleans Street. Within its peach-colored walls and fancy green wrought-iron balconies, you’ll find elegant fixtures and appointments reminiscent of Tiana’s life and friendships. The new Tiana’s Palace will have much of the same pinch of pizzazz and flair as the restaurant from the film, offering authentic New Orleans flavors inspired by Tiana’s friends and adventures in this quick-service style restaurant. While Tiana’s Palace is not a character dining location, guests may find Tiana in New Orleans Square.

The menu at Tiana’s Palace will expand on many of the current favorites served in the location, explore seasonal flavors and, of course, offer some New Orleans classics. Tiana’s Palace is sure to be a gathering place for friends and family to enjoy great food and celebrate together, just like Tiana and her father James dreamed of.

Disney Imagineers are partnering with Disney Animation artists from the original film to bring this story to life at Disneyland park. In fact, the film designers took inspiration from the exterior of the original French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square when designing Tiana’s Palace for the movie, so this is a long-dreamt homecoming.

To begin this work, French Market Restaurant (and Mint Julep Bar) will be closed beginning February 17, 2023, and will reopen as Tiana’s Palace (alongside Mint Julep Bar with its famous mint juleps and Mickey beignets) later in the year."

Concept art -

Tianas-Palace-Exterior-Disneyland-Park.jpg

*Edited to add clearer concept art

Last edited:

mickEblu

As long as this doesn’t mess with Magnolia park I’m ok with it. Of course, don’t like that New Orleans Square, a land that has largely avoided the IP treatment on the outside at least is now joining the club. The writing has been on the wall though so I’m not shocked.

That facade is facing Haunted Mansion/ Magnolia park and all the mature trees so I’m not sure how it will really be appreciated unless you re eating there. I’m ok with that though as it won’t be as jarring of a change. Perhaps they’re moving the stage or at least the backdrop for the stage? Regardless, until it opens my fear will remain on what the impact is on Magnolia Park.

On the bright side Hungry Bear is here to stay… for now. Also, glad Mint Julep Bar is sticking around. I hope the inside stays the same as peeking inside there is like looking inside a time capsule.

Does this mean they just have Tiana Mountain be assigned to Critter Country? Hope so, makes the most sense.

DavidDL

Damn, it's taking over the French Market and not Cafe' Orleans like I had originally hoped it would. There goes the Haunted Mansion Holiday-related seasonal treat offerings, decorations and music loop I used to enjoy so much. :(

Californian Elitist

Not necessarily happy with more IP, but this sounds like it will be tastefully done. I love that it will still be quick service. I need them to be serious about the “authentic” tidbit. Looks like the outdoor seating area isn’t changing. The tarps aren’t going anywhere either, it seems.

I’m not mad at this.

mickEblu

Damn, it's taking over the French Market and not Cafe' Orleans like I had originally hoped it would. There goes the Haunted Mansion Holiday-related seasonal treat offerings, decorations and music loop I used to enjoy so much. :(

I think my prediction was Cafe Orleans too as I assumed it would be a table service restaurant. Who would have predicted they would make Tianas Place a quick service restaurant? Knew it wasn’t going to be Hungry Bear though.

Last edited:

waltography

Interesting. I thought this was going to go where Le Bat en Rouge was?
I think that became her mom’s shop, Eudora’s Chic Boutique.

Anyways, despite me being pleased with how this looks, I’ll be mad if I’ll only be able to get mint juleps from Cafe Orleans in the near future.

mickEblu

I think that became her mom’s shop, Eudora’s Chic Boutique.

Anyways, despite me being pleased with how this looks, I’ll be mad if I’ll only be able to get mint juleps from Cafe Orleans.

I believe it mentioned the Mint Julep Bar will be coming back.

hopemax

Ah, but I'm nostalgic for the cafeteria style! Not that we usually ate there, but someone has to be nostalgic. 😄 😂

Just as long as the outside is still nice for resting, eating beignets, and listening to music. Which is what we actually would do at the French Market area.

180º

The least they could do is make the beignets edible. The Jazz Kitchen beignets yards away are great, why not just sell those? They just use the Du Monde mix.

Californian Elitist

Ah, but I'm nostalgic for the cafeteria style! Not that we usually ate there, but someone has to be nostalgic. 😄 😂

Just as long as the outside is still nice for resting, eating beignets, and listening to music. Which is what we actually would do at the French Market area.
The buffeteria setup is staying, no? Unless the article stated/insinuated it would be leaving and I missed it?

TP2000

I'm not very keen on those chimneys being added to the roof, but this seems like a non-controversial update.

Agreed on the chimneys/showboat smokestacks. The west side of the park already has a real version of those smokestacks via the Mark Twain. Putting fake ones on top of a building doesn't make much sense.

The only thing controversial about this is that it's 13 years too late. This should have been a change/retheme to the French Market in about 2010. It would have been, and should have been, a slam dunk decision back then. :rolleyes:

PiratesMansion

Agreed on the chimneys/showboat smokestacks. The west side of the park already has a real version of those smokestacks via the Mark Twain. Putting fake ones on top of a building doesn't make much sense.

The only thing controversial about this is that it's 13 years too late. This should have been a change/retheme to the French Market in about 2010. It would have been, and should have been, a slam dunk decision back then. :rolleyes:
They weren't building a PATF ride right next door 13 years ago :)

D.Silentu

I'm delighted that the Cafe Orleans gets to stay. However, I hope that the chimneys will scale properly with the surrounding buildings. On that note, I think I will be able to suppress my irritation that in the era of Cars Land and Wizzarding World, Tiana's Palace will be a miniature facsimile of the film's restaurant. I maintain they ought to have storied that Tiana was opening a sister establishment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom