Those Late Nighters.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok,so were early ducks,up around 6.45am,breakfast,coffee,and out for the busses for 7.15.Now the latest we've managed to stay at the parks during those LMH in the evening is around 12.00 - 12.30 and one wonders how long have you stayed enjoying the late hours,and how quiet is it?In other words,is it worth staying that late for the attractions.:shrug:

bgraham34

The latest I have been in the parks is 2am. It was pretty quiet at that point. Once 1am came around most people had left. Space Mountain still had a 25 minute wait and I was shocked to see Peter Pan with a 20 minute wait.

wilkeliza

I did one of those late nights that was either 3am or 4am. It was in July of 2010 so I can't remember exactly any more. Around 2:30am the park is pretty dead. You can walk onto most rides at that point and really get a few more ride in before the park closes for the night. The first night we did a really late park night we went to Splash which had been a long wait all day and got a ride in in under 5 minutes. In the summer you do have to battle with some tour groups still but the best thing is to just never let them skip ahead. We had one where half the group of about 30 tried to get in front of us to "meet their group" and we told them if you want to ride with your group yell at them to come back here we have waited and so will you. They weren't so happy about that but it is just the rules.

If you plan on doing a really late night your best option is to leave around lunch and have your meal at the hotel and then sleep for a few hours and come back. This way you beat the extreme heat and most likely the afternoon shower and you are well rested for a long night.

annawilliams

We stayed until 3 or 4 one morning. The parks were so dead that they didn't make us get off the rides! :) SO much fun. We eventually ended up sleeping in and going to the parks later in the day just because you had the whole park to yourself. It's so great!

Jimmy Thick

Mickeys Christmas parties after the special Wishes, and you have the park to yourself pretty much. My son and I never leave until they throw us out.

Jimmy Thick-Such memories...

ddbowdoin

I've done a 3AM quest one night... it is certainly not as dead as you think it would be. We stayed all day, whereas I have a feeling a lot of people went back to their respective resort for an early dinner / nap to rest up and then headed back in for the late EMH.

powlessfamily4

We stayed until 3 AM for EMH. It was great! We rode everything over and over. Make sure you eat early because the resturants close up. I think we had Caseys around 1:30 AM The crowds are always smaller during EMH so it is always worth it to go.

ddbowdoin

the one thing I was really glad about... CM's really checked the keys to the world cards. I was worried people would just stay and try to slip in.

SMS55

I've been EMH til 2:00am. After midnight it does quiet done consderably and after 1:00am it was pretty dead. We walked on to Splash at 1:30am and a bunch of others like Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Space had a 20 minute wait.

JIMINYCR

Stayed in the parks till 2 - 3am. The conditions that you would consider crowds were almost non existent shortly after 12:30. ! Got on rides repeatedly. The CM's were great to interact with, probably because they needed to interact more because they were bored. Got some great pictures that I could never get before because of crowds, of places in the park without people in the shots. Had a wonderful time but I was dead tired the next day and found myself going at a slower pace.

JiminyandTink

Between 2-3am, very quiet. Sometime after midnight, I also got a great shot with Mickey (in his tuxedo) and Minnie together right behind the castle in Fantasyland with absolutely no line-up!

Rasvar

I love the late night shots. I will spend time back at the resort in the afternoon relaxing or swimming so I am rested for the late night park run which is always less busy than morning EMH.

CP_alum08

Our plan is always get up as early as we can, take a mid-day nap (when it's hottest and busiest) then stay as late as possible, we've been in the 3-4am area multiple times. However, we don't have kids :)

btk2333

Have definitely done the 3AM EMH before, we love it- the parks are empty! We just plan into our schedule to sleep in the next day so we can get back on a RD schedule afterwards. One of my favorite souvenirs is a FP from Winnie the Pooh that say 2:30-3:00 AM

MaryJaneP

Another late EMH fan. Great videos of family riding between 1 am and 2 am. Agree with the mid-day nap, return later. Few/no crowds. Short lines, if any.

jjharvpro

Latest I've stayed in a Park is 3 AM at MK for EMH. It's tiring, but so awesome! The Park is definitely quieter at this time, but it all depends on when you go, because every night can have different crowds.

Many rides are walk-ons, especially after 1 AM. I remember staying on Barnstormer a few times during EMH.

koryadams

I love EMH at Magic Kingdom!!!! This past May, I went into the park right as the finale of Wishes was going on, then slowly made way through crowd into Adventureland (bad timing) but the park was still open regularly but a lot of people left. So I ended up riding a ton of rides...like almost all! The park was scheduled to close at 3am! I rode every ride in Fantasyland and met some characters in like less than an hour! It was amazing! Then I sat in the central hub and watched the good night kiss for the first time then slowly made my way out of the park and didn't get back to Kidani Village till 4am! Of course this is coming from a 19 year old and was with my brother! But it is soooooo worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom