This was awful

thejohn

Original Poster
I am so mad there was 2 males around 22 running around Epcot with bear and they crashed into my wife and nephew. They spilled it all over me and demanded that I buy them a new bear because my 3 year old nephew was in there way. They pushed my wife and started cussing at my nephew. I told a cast member and he just said that sucks and kept sweeping the floor.

dolbyman

first it's sad what happened to you and your family

but the manager or security would be the first I would turn to .. (if I were you)

Shaman

Avenger23 said:
This smells like April Fool's....

Maybe, but there have been some scuffles at WDW as of late so who knows anymore. There must be something in the water up there. Or maybe there's a full moon or something.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
thejohn said:
I am so mad there was 2 males around 22 running around Epcot with bear and they crashed into my wife and nephew. They spilled it all over me and demanded that I buy them a new bear because my 3 year old nephew was in there way. They pushed my wife and started cussing at my nephew. I told a cast member and he just said that sucks and kept sweeping the floor.
I did not know they sold animals at Epcot.

1disneydood

Someone pushes my wife when I'm there and I'll beat them unconcious and gladly take whatever legal punishment they throw at me. This smells like an april fools thread. :drevil:

Shaman

Speaking of which....

Disney Cast Member Assault Defendant Appears in Court
Prosecutors hope for speedy trial, defendants’ next court date in April

By Richard Tolman
Orlando Union-Dispatch Staff Writer

A Windermere man has been charged with felony assault and battery this week. The defendant, Robert Krex, charged with physically assaulting two members of the Walt Disney World security staff, appeared in court for a hearing yesterday, in a preface to what is sure to be a trial marked by nearly a year of legal wrangling and postponements. He could face up to 25 years in prison for the felony charges.

Krex, 24, has pled not guilty to charges of assault and battery with intent to kill stemming from an incident that took place near the Magic Kingdom entrance on Tuesday.
Krex appeared in Orange County Court yesterday afternoon for the first time, according to Orange County District Attorney (D.A.) spokeswoman Melissa Shepton.

The victims of the attack, security officer David Cordova, 38, and Rachael Wishon, 25, had been attempting to confront the tourist regarding his shirt which had a lewd slogan on it when things turned ugly. The shirt had F.C.U.K. printed across the front. F.C.U.K. is an acronym for European Clothing Design Firm, French Connection UK. Representatives for the company were not available to comment.

"He just went nuts. One minute we were having a conversation and the next he was swinging like a madman," said Wishon. "This is supposed to be the happiest place on earth and we do our best. I'm just so sorry something like this had to happen and my prayers are with Dave and his family."

David Cordova, the senior member of the security team at the incident sustained serious injuries to his face and head and remains in a drug induced coma as doctors attempt to curb swelling in his brain. Should Cordova die, Krex will face a murder charge in the state of Florida.

Robert Streit, former head of Disney security was saddened by the news.

"You know when you are in the Disney Company; you are in the Disney family. We always knew something like this was possible; you just hope and pray that it never happens. I wish Dave a full recovery and he's definitely in my thoughts."

Capt. Mark Strobridge, Supervisor of Media Relations for the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, believes the legal battle about to be played out in the courts will be long.

"The suspect has a history of mental illness, I'm sure they are going to try and play that card before too much longer. Today's hearing is just the first of many so who knows, but the long and short of it is that the guy nearly pummeled a man to death over a T-shirt. There's no shortage of witnesses so you hope that the thing should just be open and shut."

The defendant’s next court date is scheduled for April 4th.

figmentmom

thejohn said:
This is not an April fools thread

I don't think anyone really meant that you were trying to fool anyone. I'm very sorry you had such a negative experience at WDW!

But what a terrible, terrible story about that former Cast Member. :(

Shaman

figmentmom said:
I don't think anyone really meant that you were trying to fool anyone. I'm very sorry you had such a negative experience at WDW!

But what a terrible, terrible story about that former Cast Member. :(

Check your PMs. That's our Rob.

MickeyTigg

objr said:
Check your PMs. That's our Rob.

OMG....I know he was having a rough week. I guess that latin temper of his got the best of him.

:eek:

I've known Rob for a while now and I know he's never really forgiven them for not backing him up when he had a guest incident as a friend of Tigger and I know he has no love for Disney Security.

This doesn't come as a big surprise then...but I have to figure he must have been provoked.

*huggles for Rob*

CAPTAIN HOOK

objr said:
There must be something in the water up there.
No, apparently its in the bear (whatever that is - polar bear, brown bear or one of the three that Goldilocks knew :hammer: )

Perhaps he meant beer :D

Shaman

Sledge said:
Are you serious? I know he was talking about wearing the F.C.U.K. shirt? :eek:

Stay tuned. We're waiting for more details and hoping to get a hold of him...to find out what happened.

Shaman

Sledge said:
April Fools?

I wish.

And yes...mkt....

He dropped us a short message so we aren't sure what's up. And then someone found that article I posted, which makes it out to be something serious. I hope it ain't too serious.

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom