This Thread is being Refurbished for your Future Enjoyment

General Grizz

Original Poster
Space Mountain to get Air Gates

"Space [Mountain] is getting gates like [Rockin' Roller Coaster] does so we don't have to station stop every 5 seconds because 9 out of 10 guest don't see the yellow line on the ground."

Sources: xstechbabe and se8472 (Tomorrowland Cast Members).

Rumor also holds that Timekeeper may be closing for good sometime before Astro Orbiter goes down for rehab.

(Sorry. . . this information can be found on another thread about Astro - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=40637 - but I accidentally made a duplicate thread about the new Official Album, thus having to "reimagineer" this thread for your enjoyment. :lol: )

careship

For a minute there you took me to the MK and all I could see was poor Sticth hanging from the ceiling in AE screaming, "Let me out!!!!"

Pioneer Hall

Witht the amount of exposed track on Space Mountain, I am really surprised there haven't been gates for a while. I really thought it would have been one of the first to have them.

KevinPage

MagicKingdomGuy said:
It amazes me how many stand there and stare at the yellow lines an really have no clue what to do! The CMs can only do so much.

Even yellow lines and warning signs cannot prevent TPS

Timekeeper

Closing Soon

How far in advance will we know of Timekeeper's "definite" closing date? Will WDW make an official announcement on the matter (to public or portal) far enough in advance for us to drop in and enjoy it one last time? Or do you think it will remain "rumored" until the day it just closes without official warning?

I hate it when an attraction closes without warning. The least they could do is let us know of their intentions with some degree of advanced notice. I'm getting tired of the "rumors."

Timekeeper

careship

I like Timekeeper. We went to it three times in October last year because the boys thought it was so cool and ..... well....they have to stop taking the things away from us. Maybe, just maybe they can just make a new movie for it. Too bad 80 Days is doing so poorly, that could have been a fun thing in there...a take-off from the movie. Arghhhh....woe is me.

ToTBellHop

I would not be surprised at all of Timekeeper is officially extinct come October 1st. But it's seasonal, already, so there may not be any announcement. Disney doesn't close attractions, they replace them. Even 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea didn't officially close until a few months back when they decided to do something else with it, but we knew long before that it was gone for good.

careship

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I would not be surprised at all of Timekeeper is officially extinct come October 1st. But it's seasonal, already, so there may not be any announcement. Disney doesn't close attractions, they replace them. Even 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea didn't officially close until a few months back when they decided to do something else with it, but we knew long before that it was gone for good.

No way it has to wait until at least October 2nd. I get there on the first and will head right to it.

StevenT

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Disney doesn't close attractions, they replace them. Even 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea didn't officially close until a few months back when they decided to do something else with it, but we knew long before that it was gone for good.

Yeah it's kind of obvious that a ride is gone for good when you look into it's lagoon and there is nothing left but the track. Oh and when they put a huge sign over the old queue announcing it as a character greet. What a disgrace.

I think with Timekeeper they won't announce it. One day the ride will suddenly be closed and it will never re-open. We will probably only hear about it closing for good on it's last day of operation. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom