thinking about leaving this site..

bjlc57

Original Poster
hi all .. I am a long time member of this site.. due to financial strains...( we just spent our Disney money on unexpected bills) ..We are not going to Disney next year.. and so.. since i get so emotional about Disney and going to Disney.. I am thinking about cutting way back my activity on this site.. I come here at least once a day...if not twice.. and I always read my updates as well.. has any one else cut back on your Disney addiction here and else ware? I watched that Jimmy Fallow and Kristen Bell thing today.. and I was crying my eyes out. . and we just aren't going... so again.. I am not leaving for good.. but really cutting way way back.. I hate waiting well over three years to go back to Disney..but as my dad used to say.. "What has to be ... has to be.. " I wish you all well and you have been a bounty of news and support for the past close to 20 years..

MinnieM123

Premium Member
hi all .. I am a long time member of this site.. due to financial strains...( we just spent our Disney money on unexpected bills) ..We are not going to Disney next year.. and so.. since i get so emotional about Disney and going to Disney.. I am thinking about cutting way back my activity on this site.. I come here at least once a day...if not twice.. and I always read my updates as well.. has any one else cut back on your Disney addiction here and else ware? I watched that Jimmy Fallow and Kristen Bell thing today.. and I was crying my eyes out. . and we just aren't going... so again.. I am not leaving for good.. but really cutting way way back.. I hate waiting well over three years to go back to Disney..but as my dad used to say.. "What has to be ... has to be.. " I wish you all well and you have been a bounty of news and support for the past close to 20 years..

I have a tight budget, and I'm not sure when I'll go to WDW again. But that doesn't stop me from having fun here on the forums -- lots of great people and many interesting topics and updates. I hope you stay here, even if you take a short break for a while.

The_Jobu

I cant afford to go either, unless I stumble across some huge promotion. That's specifically why I come here so often and annoy everyone, I feel like I'm in the realm of Disney here. I follow all the news, talk with fellow obsessed individuals, gets my fix for the day.

Dont compare yourself to people that go every year, they're lucky but not the norm. Try to think about all the new things you'd like to check out next visit.

ThemeParkJunkee

My interest in Disney Forums wax’s and wanes but the reasons have little to do with when I plan to return. I just got back home and will not be visiting for quite some time. I may visit here less often but will keep up to date on changes.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I would do the opposite (after the sting of canceling subsides.) Get your fix here. Read about new projects and what not.
I couldn’t agree more.

I joined here a few days after having to cancel our trip in 2011 due to the sudden and unexpected passing of my mom. We had missed our 2010 trip the year before, due to the passing of my dad, so we were planning to really splurge in 2011 ... and then my mom got her wish, and joined my dad.

Without a word of exaggeration, this site and the friends I have made here helped me through those very difficult times. Earlier this year, my younger brother got his wish and joined my mom. My WDWMAGIC friends supported me through that as well.

This site is my home away from home. It sustains me between WDW visits. I have a very happy and fulfilling “real” life, but this site, my friends here, and the enjoyable banter we share here are just as much a part of it. I would miss you guys too much if I were to take an extended break.

muddyrivers

Disney theme parks is something that always makes me happy just to think about. To be part of a community and read posts about the latest goings on, or rumors, or someone else's trip report, those are the reasons I keep coming back. Sure there are trolls on here and people seeking to pick a fight, but those threads can be avoided.

Your experiences may differ than what I feel but to me I could never imagine having to leave these forums as they have been somewhere I've visited for over a decade now.

wendysue

We have had to cancel numerous times for various unexpected expenses and knee surgeries, etc. and each time I would say that I'm not going to look at this site because I would get sad that we cannot go, but just couldn't stay away. :) Things will get better and hopefully you can go back sooner rather than later. Watch the parade and fireworks videos so much that you almost get sick of them.....that helps. 😁

eliza61nyc

The year after we purchased our dvc I swear to God I thought my husband and I were cursed
We had just plopped down money on this thing and every single appliance in the house broke and our cars went South. Lol I remember us just looking at the brochures cracking up saying we brought something we were never going to see.
Hang in there op. This too should pass.
Now I'm like others when I can't get to the world I enjoy surfacing the web and following the news

Last edited:

ajkraz

Usually I come back to Disney stuff when I have a plan in place to go back so I highly recommend taking a break from the website for a couple months so that when you get back you can read up on all the new stuff that's been announced and have fun discovering it all at once

JIMINYCR

Yes its difficult when you know you just cant possibly make a next trip to WDW for a long time. You visit this site and see the wonderful things going on, read about trip reports, see all the new menu and snack items, knowing you cant be part of any of it and it eats away at you. It can get depressing and you may be better off cutting back for a while.
But there are ways you may be able to contribute to the conversation that could help someone else. Your unique experiences at WDW may allow you to have an insight or tip that could make someone else's trip magical. You are valuable. So dont stay away for long or give up completely. This site isnt just for those going on a trip. Its for all those who have a love for Disney... and you know you are included in our special group. Hope to see you around. ;)

SteveBrickNJ

I have a tight budget, and I'm not sure when I'll go to WDW again. But that doesn't stop me from having fun here on the forums -- lots of great people and many interesting topics and updates. I hope you stay here, even if you take a short break for a while.
Totally agree with this post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom