TheOneVader's May 21-25 Trip Report

Ah, it's that time again to write up a trip report. I just got back a few hours ago, so the memories are fresh... Sorta...

MAY 21
We got to the Studios right at 9AM. We got right on Tower of Terror and Rock 'N' RollerCoaster. No changes there. I'm not a realyl big Star Wars fan, so we didn't do anything Star Wars Weekends wise. (Yes, I know, no you're probably why my name is TheOneVader then, huh? :lol: ) So we got to the 1PM show for Lights, Motors, Action!. I must say, I was surprised they filled up the huge 5,000 seat theater at all, nevermind how quickly as well. And by the way, the show kicks @ss! It is really amazing that they can do all those stunts, 3 times a day in the blazing sun. After the Studios, we checked into Port Orleans then headed back to Epcot. We watched IllumiNations, again, nothing new. But after RoE, we saw something really cool. For the F&G Festival, they projected a flower onto Spaceship Earth. It's nice to see them doing laser projections more often.

MAY 22
In the morning we went to Animal Kingdom, and saw Lucky. Lucky is truly amazing. He moves very fluidly and has a lot of cool interactions. Then we headed over to Epcot and got FastPasses for Soarin'. Okay, I'm goign to stop there... Soarin' is now my all time favorite ride! If you haven't been on it, you MUST GO ON. It feels so realistic, and the smells are a nice touch. The music is a masterpiece, as well as the queue. In the end, we rode it 5 times over our vacation.

MAY 23
We went to Epcot in the morning, and got there before open. We didn't go to TestTrack or Mission: Space first, you guessed it, we went to Soarin'. In fact, I was 3rd in line, my brother 1st. Then we got FPs to go on again, and went on TestTrack. We had already done Mission: Space the previous day, so we didn't go back on. Then we headed over to China for the lunch. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the China pavillion has the best Chinese food EVER. *drool* Anyways, then we headed over to the Studios for Lights, Motors, Action! (Also one of my favorites). Finally that night (our 3rd day) we made it to Magic Kingdom. We did the usual: CoP, TTA, PotC, Dole Whip, Wishes... Mmm... Doel Whip *drools some more*

MAY 24
We got to the Studios in the morning and I was 4th in line to Tower of Terror. I also got a picture with TJ, my favorite ToT CM. ;) We then went to Epcot, where Soarin' was down... But we got FastPasses, and, since we're lazy, we just hung around The Land, which looks amazing if I didn't already say that. Anyways, we got lucky, and they opened back up. We got in Stand-By and walked right on. After we got off, it was a 110 minute wait. BTW, TestTrack's wait has been way down after Soarin'. At one point in the day, M:S was 55min. or so while TestTrack was 40min.

All we did on May 25 was leave, so I don't need to go into detail there... So, I hope you enjoyed the report, but I know you guys probably just want pictures, so they're coming up soon!

surfsupdon

TheOneVader said:
MAY 24
We got to the Studios in the morning and I was 4th in line to Tower of Terror. I also got a picture with TJ, my favorite ToT CM. ;)

I do that too, and have two different pictures with him. Speaking of Tower, our CM as we entered the library said that our rooms were not ready, yada yada yada and that we should feel free to look around to find anything. No one heard him or it didnt effect them, but I heard it and it sounded different. The library was fairly empty so I looked around and found a slew of freebie FastPasses (the child swap thingers good for 3) and took them all. They were behind books, in vases, on the floor, behind a curtain, at the base of lamps. I could not believe it. It was an Easter hunt. I collected an even dozen passes each good for 3 people--and best yet--no expiration!!!

LOve the Tower!!!

TheOneVader

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Nice report - No visits to MK ?

MAY 23
Finally that night (our 3rd day) we made it to Magic Kingdom. We did the usual: CoP, TTA, PotC, Dole Whip, Wishes... Mmm... Dole Whip *drools some more*

I was surprised it took us so long to get over there, lol

TheOneVader

Original Poster
Alrighty, I just uploaded some of the best pictures I took on my trip. Out of over 100, I came up with only 4, lol. I'm not the best photographer, but these came out good... From dumb luck, no doubt... Anyways...

And my favorite... Drum roll please...

I still have some more pics I'll upload, so just sit tight.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
First, I have another wallpaper:

Now I have some news pictures... First, Mission: Space has an unusually high wait time. I don't usually see it over 40 minutes... That said, look at TestTrack's freakishly low wait time of 40 minutes.

Next, here's Soarin' with a 110 minute wait. Yes, Soarin' is VERY popular. But The Land is doing perfectly fine with crowd control, but that'd probably because everyone is in Soarin's gigantic queue.

And finally, here's a picture of the ugliest car ever, as seen in the Disney-MGM Studios parking lot.

ImaginEAR

Nice trip report OneVader. Now tell us, where DID you get that username if you don't like Star Wars? :animwink:

I love those pics! That picture of The Land is going on the desktop.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
To be honest, I forget how I got my username... All I know is I used to be Vader423 back in like 2001 at CMGSCCC, back when I was really young and thought it was "cool" I guess. Then I changed it to TheOneVader soon after.

Anyways, thanks for the compliment!

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the great report and pics! You got some great shots. I keep getting more and more excited about Soarin'. I have the soundtrack downloaded, and it's incredible. Can't wait to experience the whole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom