Theme Park Insider best ride in north america tournament

icandrawem2

Original Poster
I dont know how many of you are familiar with TPI, but they are doing an online "tournament" to vote for the best attraction in north america...todays matchup includes the DHS ToT vs Maverick at Cedar Point...so far Maverick is owning ToT...Now I know ToT isnt the best attraction out there, but it should take down maverick with plenty of room to breathe...so get over to www.themeparkinsider.com and vote for ToT...and not just because its a Disney attraction, but clearly the better attraction between the two.

Rock'n Robin

these are two very different rides. It's apples and oranges. Maverick is a very cool roller coaster with a couple of inversions. I love ToT, and the theming of ToT is much better, but for the ride itself, sorry, Maverick wins.
RR

Chape19714

I have to disagree with it being "fair game" for a company to post the link and tell people to vote, as those people won't vote in each catagory, just the one. I say people need to vote in all or none.

Just my .02

jmani56

Apples to oranges is right, they are totally different rides. But in my opinion, any ride at Cedar Point is just that... a ride. Cheap thrills, fun for 45 seconds but very forgettable. Tower of Terror is an experience, even standing in line.

icandrawem2

Original Poster
Well said jmani. As a matter of fact, even if the ride was down, I would rather wander through the ToT queue any day than to experience a coaster...and dont get me wrong, I love me a good coaster, and Im sure Mav doesnt disappoint...but they arent comparing the actual "riding" experience here, rather the entire experience from start to finish.

jmvd20

Now I know ToT isnt the best attraction out there, but it should take down maverick with plenty of room to breathe...so get over to www.themeparkinsider.com and vote for ToT...and not just because its a Disney attraction, but clearly the better attraction between the two.

Clearly the better attraction based upon what? Have you had the opportunity to ride Maverick?

Rock'nRobin said:
these are two very different rides. It's apples and oranges. Maverick is a very cool roller coaster with a couple of inversions. I love ToT, and the theming of ToT is much better, but for the ride itself, sorry, Maverick wins.

I agree, when compared on different categories each if these rides can win some and lose others. Both are great rides, at least that is certain!

I've been on both attractions and I agree that they are two completely different animals; I voted for the Tower of Terror because of the theme and of course, it's Disney.

alecshawn

The BEAST at Kings Island, Oh is BY FAR the best coaster ever built.
I have yet to be on any ride that tops it.
Of course, thats a different ball of wax than say, Splash or Space Mountain.
Disney rides have more "tradition,themeing and overall greatness".

jmvd20

The BEAST at Kings Island, Oh is BY FAR the best coaster ever built.
I have yet to be on any ride that tops it.
Of course, thats a different ball of wax than say, Splash or Space Mountain.
Disney rides have more "tradition,themeing and overall greatness".

The Beast is a great ride no doubt about that, however my favorite coaster is Millenium Force, there is just something about that ride that I enjoy more than any other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom