Theater in the Wild

InsiderImagine

Original Poster
WDI filed a permit for signage for Theater in the Wild.

Theater in the Wild is the name for the Festival of the Lion King building in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Guess we are getting the same theater.

GrumpyFan

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cgi/pixar-is-making-finding-nemo-2-66579.html

One suspects Andrew Stanton is trying to save face in the Disney company after his John Carter fiasco. Poor guy. :(

Pardon my language, but that's BULL HOCKEY!

He doesn't need to save face, his repertoire speaks for itself, with numerous hits, including Toy Story (1, 2 & 3), A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, and Wall-E, I hardly think he needs to redeem himself. One flop amongst all of those hardly makes him a failure. Besides that, I don't think the decision is solely his to make. Disney execs are likely pushing for this.

MarkTwain

The poor performance of John Carter wasn't Stanton's fault at all, but the Walt Disney Pictures marketing. That movie was actually pretty decent.

You're preaching to the choir; I loved that movie. It's actually one of my favorite movies from the past few years. But a "$200 million write-down" (I highly doubt in the end it was actually that high) has a way of tarnishing a guy's reputation in Hollywood, and I suspect (but can't prove) that Stanton is looking for an easy hit for his resume.

Amanda Ross

This what happens when you jump to conclusions.
2a3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom