The World your way

BongoFury

Original Poster
I know there's plenty of touring plans available and some people swear by them, but for all you WDW vets; Is there a certain way you do the parks?

For example, someone wrote (I don't know if it was here or not) that when they do MK they always go to the left, start with Adventureland and work their way around.

Or do you take a more spontaneous approach?

real mad hatter

Here's my Theory.

I did a thread way back but it's good to go thro these for new members.Are people like sheep?Follow the leader etc,I read that if you go round the parks in a retrograde pattern or anticlockwise so to speak you find it quieter.This may be the case early in the morning but I reckon by midday it won't matter.To be honest if we arrive at HS for rope drop ,we head straight for TSMM,grab a FP and join the queue and then just stroll thro the park,likewise at Epcot at rope drop,head for Soarin grab a FP join the queue,I suppose it all depends on what you want to do and see.:wave:

G00fyDad

We are creatures of habit and tend to do the parks like this:

Day 1 - DTD because we get to Florida later in the day. Lunch at T-Rex and dinner at Earl of Sandwich. We park in the lot in front of Cirque and take a boat directly to Marketplace. That way we do not walk the long distance of DTD more than once. :)

Day 2 - MK - Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We tried the whole Adventureland first thing. Didn't seem to matter at 9am. :) My wife gets nauseous on most rides so we get the big ones done first thing in the AM so she isn't sitting around waiting all day. She even goes for FPs for us while we ride something else. :) It's SM first, then Buzz, HM, BTMRR, SpM, and PotC. Then we go eat lunch at Casey's Corner at 11:00am before the lunch rush hits. After lunch we shop down Mainstreet USA and then back up the other side to Tomorrowland. Then we just casually walk through the park riding what we want as we get to it.

Day 3 - AK - Donald's Safari Breakfast (usually). EE First, then Dinosaur, Kali, Kilimanjaro Safari, EE again, and then on to Dinoland USA to relax as we stroll through the park. Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

Day 4 - EPCOT - We hit TT, MS, Soarin, and Living with the Land. Then its back to the front and Spaceship Earth. We eat lunch at the Electric Umbrella around 11:00am and just stroll through Futureworld until around 5pm when we go to WS and start with Mexico. Dinner at the Rose and Crown.

Day 5 - DHS - Straight to TSM, then ToT and RnR. Then over to Star Tours and then back to TSM. Lunch at SciFi Dine in.

Day 6 - 11 (Any park will do)

Kramerica

Is it weird that I've been going to Disneyworld for my whole life and consider myself a veteran, yet when I go there, I have no real plan of attack or eay that I must do things? I don't even really plan what park I'm going to until maybe the night before. I guess the only thing that really would make me plan towards one place instead of another is resteraunt reservations, extra magic hours, etc.. but other than that, I'll wake up and where ever I feel like going that day, I'll go. And when I get there, whatever ride I feel like doing next, I'll do.. Even if that ride is Space Mountain up to ten times in a row. Haha. (Hey why not if the lines are short!)

Tigger#1

Other than walking down main street through the castle and to space mountain when we first arrive everything is done at the moment.

6laurac

Hollywood Studios- Right of the bat, I ride Tower of Terror 2x and my Husband gets two fast passes for me and than I jump in the singles line of Rock N'Rollar Coaster and ride it at least twice

Magic Kingdom-Go to the Emporium first and than take off to Space Mountain

For me, there's no particular way I go around the parks each time. There is an exception though. At MK I always ride Buzz Lightyear first. Other than that, I just get FPs for the most popular rides and roam the park depending on what I feel like next, even if that means crossing the park 20 times.

Travel days: hotel or Downtown Disney

Then: two days Magic Kingdom, two days Epcot, one day Studios, one day Animal Kingdom. Which day is which depends on the hours and events happening that day. We try to make the most of our time.

And then somewhere in there, two days at Blizzard Beach and two days at Typhoon Lagoon.

In-park planning isn't too heavy. We decide what shows we want to see and where we want to each and just figure out where we should be and when. So, we want to be at Fantasmic at night, for example, so we do the other half of the park first so we're not covering ground twice.

DisneyJoe

We did mostly spontaneous touring on our March trip, however, I subscribe to touringplans.com and used their Lines app so I could check their wait times, and that helped me make some decisions. For example, we were finishing lunch our first day in Tortuga Tavern, and we were wondering what to start with, and we saw that Pirates had an 8 minute wait, so we did that.

I had also set up some personalized touring plans and optimized them, and re-optimized them thru the day, but we were very flexible and sometimes didn't pay attention to it at all.

I found the Lines app to be much more responsive than the Disney Mobile Magic app, since Mobile Magic usually wants to find your location via gps.

Susan Savia

We always begin with Epcot unless it has EMH then probably MK. Other then that we just go at will and ride or see something as we come upon it. No touring plan. We're on vacation.

dkosdros

Everybody has their own way. Some like the last minute and some like the planning to the minute.

I've always planned to make the most of my time, especially after dropping that much $$$. A second wasted is $$$ wasted.

So I have always done the route to the left in MK. You will be good up until around noon. Then by then you will be in Fantasyland and it is pretty packed by then. So I will grab FP for the line with the longest wait in that area hit the Phila since it seats alot and the lines moves fast. And then usually walk down to do Buzz or Monsters Inc since their lines move fast. Then grab another FP before going to use the one I have.

The biggest advice I can give and that has ALWAYS worked for me is. Get to the park early. It is hard getting up early but it is worth it. Try to get to each park at rope drop and head to the biggest attraction that everyone wants to ride, even if it isn't your favorite. Grab a FP for it and then hope into the regular line since you are right there. Within 10 minutes you will have a free pass to ride it in an hour and you just rode it with no wait. Then you can head to near by attractions and ride those with no wait. You usually can knock out 4-5 rides with NO WAIT while you wait for your FP time to come up for the first FP you grabbed. I always grab a new FP before using the one I currently have. I have always followed the FP rules. I never knew you could get away with using them at anytime.

Follow this and you will be sure to see every attraction, with little wait and feel like you got the most of your money.

G00fyDad

Me too, I feel sorry for people that think each and every minute of their vacation needs to be planed in advance.

I haven't met a single person that feels that way. Even uber-planners like me. I plan the h*** out of our trips but it is not minute by minute. I doubt anyone actually does that. But it gets old hearing people that go down spontaneously call those that plan pitiful and neurotic or that they feel sorry for us. :rolleyes: I like to have some sort of plan in place. Now do we stick to that plan? No. Not by any means. Other than our table service meals, we usually do not stick to any sort of plan at all. Each morning we wake up and I say "Well, we're set to go to (park) today." and if one single family member expresses a desire to go elsewhere then we go there instead.

I know people that plan more rigid than I do and they don't stick to the plan the way you think. I also know people that just, on a whim, go to WDW without any real notice or any planning at all. Then when they get back I ask how their trip went. They usually tell me that it went well but that they forgot to ride something, see a certain show, or go to a specific location that they thought of on the previous trip. I tell them to try planning so you have a basic game plan. But if you don't like to plan or think that it's beneath you then fine, don't plan anything. But please don't tell us that you feel sorry for us. :rolleyes: We go to Disney and relax, and have a wonderful time. We're not staring with bloodshot eyes at a card telling us to be at an attraction in 45 seconds or our day is ruined. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom