The Wonders of Life?

mickeyman65

Original Poster
I haven't read anything for a while about The Wonders of Life...I know it was open seasonal last winter so is it closed for good now or will be open again seasonal this summer? What is the future of The Wonder of Life..does anyone know...thanks

flynnibus

Premium Member
I haven't read anything for a while about The Wonders of Life...I know it was open seasonal last winter so is it closed for good now or will be open again seasonal this summer? What is the future of The Wonder of Life..does anyone know...thanks

No one knows for sure. Its still 'seasonal' which means Disney opens it when it feels like they need the people capacity. But the thing is so dated, even when open, no real crowds go in it.

Once they have a plan on what to do with it.. it's toast.

the-reason14

No one knows for sure. Its still 'seasonal' which means Disney opens it when it feels like they need the people capacity. But the thing is so dated, even when open, no real crowds go in it.

Once they have a plan on what to do with it.. it's toast.

I wish theyd just figure it out and go on with it. Either open the damn thing or replace it, its that simple. Well I guess its not.

Pioneer Hall

I am pretty sure that it is closed for good at this point. I mean they could change their mind, but I think they finally put it to sleep.

tr1plese7en

I am pretty sure that it is closed for good at this point. I mean they could change their mind, but I think they finally put it to sleep.

I think it will open up again during the busy season like christmas time. Last time I went on body wars I got a headache. So personally I'm not gonna be going back to Wonders of Life.

AEfx

I think it will open up again during the busy season like christmas time. Last time I went on body wars I got a headache. So personally I'm not gonna be going back to Wonders of Life.

I had a similar experience last Dec. when it was operating the last time. That ride just makes me want to hurl, no question about it. I could fall asleep on Star Tours, yet Body Wars just makes me instantly queasy. I'm glad I rode it one last time, but I really won't miss it.

I too wish they would just put the place out of it's misery. It was a joke when I was in there last. There were maybe 1/2 dozen people like me walking around looking at it and taking pics of stuff like it was a museum, and every once in awhile someone would get on Body Wars (usually a few off-duty CM's). Most of the displays aren't working and all the stages/theaters are empty. Creepily so.

Just a sad place these days, even when it is open.

AEfx

lilredfoxie

Last time I was in there was 2001, Body Wars wasn't as bad then I guess, I just remember it as a slightly rougher star tours with a different video.

Cranium Command i've seen once in 1999, and I didn't really enjoy it.

I've heard rumors circulate that DuPont was supposed to sponsor a new attraction there. The same rumors said gloom and doom for Universe of Energy as well. Id hate to see Universe of Energy go since its my favorite ride in Epcot, the large screen videos are just sooooo cool.

CThaddeus

I've never understood the queasiness some claim to get from Body Wars. It's not that rough a ride. It is SUPPOSED to be a little rough. Hence the seatbelts and arm rests. But, it's nowhere in the same league as Primeval Whirl, and it's like butter compared to Back to the Chiropractor at Universal.
Personally, I wish Disney would put a little TLC into the place. It's not that dated, Cranium Command and the Making of Me still are as cool as they were the first time I saw them, and even Goofy About Health is a fun way to spend 8 minutes. Oh, and that background music is amongst the best in the Parks.
Maybe if Disney would add Wonders of Life's name back to the maps (along with descriptions of the attractions) when it is open and actively promote it again people might know it's there. I think it has always suffered from being hidden behind greenery and has always been treated like an unwanted child. The loss of Metlife was the final knife in the back for this much-maligned pavilion. It's a shame Disney didn't care more for it. It deserved better than the "see it if you can" December status.
My hope is that maybe they'll do it some honor and reopen it for the 25th celebration. It would be wonderful to see all the pavilions operating again on October 1 and beyond.

AEfx

I've never understood the queasiness some claim to get from Body Wars. It's not that rough a ride. It is SUPPOSED to be a little rough. Hence the seatbelts and arm rests. But, it's nowhere in the same league as Primeval Whirl, and it's like butter compared to Back to the Chiropractor at Universal.

"Some claim to get"? Come on, just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean that type of motion doesn't bother others a great deal. It's the type of motion, not the intensity.

It's funny you mention BTTF, because I always hear horror stories about that one and I find it pleasant. Star Tours doesn't even register on my radar. But there is something about the fluidic motion of Body Wars that has bothered me even since I was a kid and could ride absolutely everything with no ill effect.

While the vehicles are the same as Star Tours, it is much more than just a different film, and I've just assumed it's because of the different type of motion all together. Space travel simulated is different than what is essentially "underwater" in the Body Wars simulation. Body Wars does many more of those slow, pluse, fluidic movements, where Star Tours whips and turns but has less of that floaty stuff that Body Wars goes for.

Perhaps someone who knows more about how the rides work can help, but it's definitiely more than just the film, at least for me. Because I as I said, I could sleep like a baby on Star Tours, but Body Wars has just left me ill every time I've ever tried to ride it.

AEfx

Figment82

Well it's partly due to the fact that they make it warm in Body Wars (to simulate being inside a warm body) versus being cold in Star Tours (as it would be in space). I don't know about you, but I get a lot more queasy when I'm in a hot space (like a car). I do know that when WoL reopened, they kept the simulators a lot cooler to tone down the nausea. I also heard that they cut out a lot of the part where you're in the lungs, as that back and forth motion was the major culprit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom