The Ultimate Guide To Mickey's Very Merry X-mas Party

FLcastmember

Original Poster
ok for all of you going to MVMCP this year, here is the attractions, shows, and entertainment.....

MAIN STREET

snow.....645-8, 830-9, 925-10,1045-12
Main Street Philharmonic....645-710
Fanfare Trumpets......705-725

Casey's, Plaza Ice Cream, The Bakery....all open

All Merchandise....open

Adventureland

Treehouse, Aladdin, and Pirates...all open

all shops....open

Frontierland

Bajo Brothers....730,845,10,1125

BTMRR
Splash
CBJ
Shootin Arcade

Food....turkeylegs, westward ho, and peco's

Merchandice.....Big Al's, Briar Patch, Splash photo

Liberty

DHSR...730,845,10,1130....xmas shows
Carolers at the riverboat dock.....7,750,930,1020

The Mansion open only....no riverboat or presidents

Liberty Tree, Sleepy Hollow

Ye Old Christmas Shoppe

Fantasyland

ALL atractions, food and Merchandice...open

Bells Encanted Christmas....730..840...930...1020..1110
Story teller....725...805...855...1015...1130
Merlin.....7...8...9...10...1115
Brass Quintet....650-715

Tomorrowland

All attractions....not Cop or Timekeeper

Turkey legs nd cosmic rays

All merchandice

Twas the night before x-mas.....theater near buzz....615...715...815...930...1030...1130...
Jump.....dec10,12,13,15....stage....10 and 11pm
Brass.....at the stage...645...745...9

Toontown

everything open

NOTE....steam train closed

the park closes at 6 on all these party nights....if you are staying.....you will be forced to go to tomorrowland till 7.....

Fantasy in the Sky PERIMETER Fireworks.....915
Parade.....815...begins near splash.....1040....near town square

Castle.....light vignettes...740...1030...1120...1150...1235...1am
...............Celebrate the Seasons......730...925...11

cookies and cocoa......Adventureland veranda and Plaza pavilion.......

hope this helps all going to get a head start on your night.....

TIP....PERIMETER FIREWORKS ARE GREAT...not to be missed

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL...from flcastmember
:) :) :) :)

Worldphile

What's the view of the perimeter fireworks like from the Garden Grille? We were thinking of making a PS for dinner there one night when a MVMCP is going on.

I had read on another message board that the tickets for the MVMCP are good at 4:00 even though the party doesnt start until 7:00. Is this true or am i wrong about this. I hope it is becuase i want as much time in the park as i can get.:)

SANTA :) . i think it goes Goofy Santa and then the real santa. Santa has always been the last person unless you count the people who pick up the ropes.i still want to know about the admission thing from earlier.

Cheryl

Thanks for the hot tips about the going ons at the MK for the VMCP! We're headed there on 12/8 and can't wait! This really gives us the option of trying to plan out what exactly we want to see and do at the VMCP! Again, Thanks for the heads up!:D

Oh and sorry but I don't have the answer to your question about whether or not you can get into the park at 4 p.m.; however, that really wouldn't make much sense to me since the VMCP is from 7 p.m. to Midnight. I'm sure Disney wants to get everyone or most people out at 6 p.m. when it closes to regular guests until the VMCP people start arriving. I'd be very interested in knowing if you're able to get in early though! Please keep me informed!:animwink:

DVCgirl49

If it's set up anyhow like the E-ride nights, then yes you can be in the park already and starting at like 4pm there is a table set up on Main St (next to town hall) and another in TL (I've heard it's near SM but not too sure) and you stop at the table and exchange your ticket for the E-ride night (or in this case the VMCP) for a wrist band. Then at park closing time the CM's start letting olny people with wrist bands on the rides and slowly the ones w/o wrist bands filter out and go home. It sounds like it will be just about the same thing for the VMCP except at 6pm they will send those with wrist bands to TL to go on rides while those w/o wrist bands leave and they finish setting things up and at 7pm then you will be able to go and do whatever you want.

FLcastmember

Original Poster
4pm

YES, you can!!!

here is how it works....if you are only going to the party, then you may enter the MK after 4pm.....from 4pm to 7pm, they give out wristbands in front of the castle....the bands are for the people who were there all day anyway OR people who come in early....only arrivals after 7pm DO NOT need the bands....

as far as clearing the park of day only guest......at pm ALL RIDES CLOSE.....exception...Tomorrowland....but you will need a BAND on your wrist to ride anything in Tomorrowland between 6 and 7.....if you are staying for the party YOU HAVE TO GO TO TOMORROWLAND.....between 6 and 7 we will push all DAY and NIGHT guests out of all 6 other lands....the manager for each land will call the park duty mangager and report the land clear....once all lands are clear, the event will officaly be declaired OPEN....at this time no more wristbands will be given out....as all day guest have left and only paying night guest remain......

it really works well, beleive it or not.....bottom line is you get 2 more hours in the park + tomorrowland for 60 min......FREE!!!!!!

one more note......we do it this way during Halloween also, and on more then one occation, we opened 5-15 min before 7pm....only difference was we used fantasyland and not tommorrowland.....

take advantage of the 4-6pm to ride the attrations that will be closed at night.....WDWRR, Main Street Vehicals, Jungle Cruise, Tike Room, Tom S. Il., Riverboat, Hall of Pres.....

Other notes......this is not how we do it on eride nights....on eride nights EVERYONE needs a band, you HAVE to use a Day Tic to get in, and we dont make you leave if you are not staying, but without a band you will not be aable to ride anything, BUT are free to shop and walk around all night!!!

to the person with the Garden Grill question........if i am correct, the Garden Grill is at Epcot (The Land).....and its inside.......doubt you can see the FW at MK........maybe you are thinking of something else???

as far as the crowds on sunday.....didnt work but i talk to a friend at Splash.....he said that they never EVER EVER had a line all night......but it was cold, and even during Turkeyday week, we had a 0 min wait after dark on splash.....the only "crowds" will be during the first parade....watch the second from Fronteirland near the CBJ.....you will have very little crowds........

hope this clears things up...
:)

Sean23

I really do not see how this works that well. If I do not have a ticket and can stay in the park until after 7 pm, I can ride all the attractions. I am not trying to cheat the system just trying to make a point, should not everyone be wearing wrist bands. I tested this theory last year and no CM's came up to me and ask me to leave the park, I stayed at least until 7:30. I did not ride any attraction just sat on a chair near exposition hall.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Sean23
I really do not see how this works that well. If I do not have a ticket and can stay in the park until after 7 pm, I can ride all the attractions. I am not trying to cheat the system just trying to make a point, should not everyone be wearing wrist bands. I tested this theory last year and no CM's came up to me and ask me to leave the park, I stayed at least until 7:30. I did not ride any attraction just sat on a chair near exposition hall.

You were just lucky, I guess. Security people and SuperGreeters go around checking people, and they even ask Custodials to help out. The sending Guests to Tomorrowland move is new to me, though, it didn't happen in 99.

No free family photo this year?

wishiwere@wdw

I'm just curious, why does MVMCP only go to the 20th? Is it because the park is open later to the public after then? I'm kinda bummed because we will be there from Christmas to New Years and won't get to experience this :(.

Worldphile

Re: 4pm

Originally posted by FLcastmember

to the person with the Garden Grill question........if i am correct, the Garden Grill is at Epcot (The Land).....and its inside.......doubt you can see the FW at MK........maybe you are thinking of something else???

Ugh. My bad. :hammer:

Sorry about that. I meant the California Grill located at the top of the Contemporary.

FLcastmember

Original Poster
California Grill.....Yes, great view, put call NOW to get a PS

Family Photo........Yes, locations in a few lands....not sure where...

Yes, you did get lucky, i work in Frontierland, and when we clear that land, we get EVERYONE....

Why does it end on the 20th???....its the busiest week of the year, we need to keep the park open later, and we cant run a party that is for families at 10pm-3am, Plus with the millions of people in town the week, an event that is very limited would sell out in 5 min.....leaving most out of luck anyway....if we closed at 6pm that week, we would people in line still at 7pm.....it would be a nightmare.....plus you get to see the same parade that week at 3pm anyway.....

wishiwere@wdw

Thanks for clearing that up FLcastmember!:) I feel much better now knowing that we are seeing the same parade anyway. I'm not very familiar with the events during the season because I usually stay away from WDW at this time of year. It does make sense and I guess I should be happy regardless because the parks are open much later that week instead anyway. :)

FLcastmember

Original Poster
to wishiwere@wdw....im a not 100% sure that they do switch the 3pm Parade to the X-mas show....i know they used to before i worked there....i have heard nothing to confirm that this year.........any one know for sure???

hey every body and FLcastmember thanks for everything. hopefully I can get to my hotel early enough , check in and get to the park. I really want to use my extra 3 hours to my advantage. I really hope that the crowds are down so i can have alot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom