The Twilight Zone (2019 revisioning)

draybook

Original Poster
Anyone else watched this so far? I reluctantly just watched the first episode, The Comedian, and wow was I impressed. It's a little offsetting having profanity linked to the TZ name, but this was an excellent episode and worthy of the genre. I was hesitant because the TZ is my favorite show, but I was very interested in what Jordan Peele would do, as I like his work. I think I'll watch the next episode before hitting the sack.

mf1972

i went a little out of order with the episodes. watched the remake of nightmare at 20,000 ft & an episode of a kid running for president (forgot the title). so far, i can’t say i’m impressed. i’ll try it again. i hope it gets better.

GlacierGlacier

It's a very inconsistent quality. 30k feet is amazing, with a bit of a week ending. Kid president, 6DOM, and maybe one more are pretty good. The others are kinda meh.

Then some are horrendous.

I keep watching, but I'm cautious.

draybook

Original Poster
I really like The Comedian. Nightmare at 30k Feet was pretty decent. The rest are mah to me. It's a good show but it's just not on the same level as the original series. Too political and heavy to me.

draybook

Original Poster
Just finished the finale last night. The season was hit or miss. Point of Origin was decent but too self-righeous to me. The finale itself either didn't make sense to me or maybe I was too tired to grasp it. Anyways, looking forward to season two and hoping the lighten up on the social commentary and have more sci-fi themed episodes.

Prince-1

Just finished the finale last night. The season was hit or miss. Point of Origin was decent but too self-righeous to me. The finale itself either didn't make sense to me or maybe I was too tired to grasp it. Anyways, looking forward to season two and hoping the lighten up on the social commentary and have more sci-fi themed episodes.

The original Twilight Zone was full of social commentary. They just did it better than the new show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom