The things that you absolutely HAVE to do

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I've never seen it, and thought it'd be a fun idea for a thread...

I'm talking about the things that everytime you go to Disney you have to do, or else it isn't a Disney trip for you... and I'm not talking about things like riding popular rides... but things that most people would pass over without even noticing... but you can't... the small things...

for me;
I always have to make sure I eat at least once at Beaches N Cream...
I always have to enter Epcot at least once from the Beach/Yacht Club side (world showcase side of epcot)
Eat at Pecos Bill, Electric Umbrella, and Cosmic rays (not too thrilling)
Get a chocolate chip cookies from the bakery in Africa AFTER I ride the Safari... any and every time
Ride the boat from MGM to the beach club
ride the TTA (not exactly a popular attraction)
Go in the gift shops of the Beach Club, and the Yacht Club...

There are more... but thats all I got for now... just wanna hear some others... and if this has been overly discussed, well then terribly sorry... let the thread die :(

LeeSeeBabe

-Get a BIG lollipop on the last day of the trip (Has to be the last day!)
-Must always ride TTA ATLEAST once each time we are at MK
-Of course everyone has particular rides that they MUST MUST do, so I will try not to cover those.
-must get a bag of cotton candy jelly belly's before riding Pirates (I have NO IDEA WHY!)
-Get soft served Ice Cream and do one of my favorite things to do at Disne: People Watch!
-Take a boat anywhere (usually always do this cause I almost always stay at POFQ or POR)
-Take a picture in a big sombrero in Me-heeco.

I guarantee i'll add more when I think of more :lol: Love this topic.

tink81

HAVE tos

-eat a Dole Whip
-hug at least one character
-take a cute picture of my BF and I doing something cute
-buy a new picture frame for new pic ^
-Ride Space Mountain three times in a row
-beg and plead with BF to ride the Teacups(unsuccessful so far)
-watch Wishes and cry
-watch Illuminations and cry
-watch Fantasmic! and cry
-ride the ferry boat to the TTC after last dat at MK

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
oh yeah i forgot... put on the all the different ridiculuous hats disney offers and take my/my girlfriend's picture in them... we have about 20 pictures of us in stupid hats... its fun though

maggiegrace1

Good thread Joe.....HI!!!!

Visit ft.Wilderness campgrounds and Wilderness Lodge...
Sit on Main Street and People watch...
See Spectromagic...
Take boat from Campgrounds to Magic Kingdom at night...
Go to Downtown Disney...
Sit on beach at Polynesian in Hammock and watch water parade abd Wishes..:)

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
maggiegrace1 said:
Good thread Joe.....HI!!!!

Visit ft.Wilderness campgrounds and Wilderness Lodge...
Sit on Main Street and People watch...
See Spectromagic...
Take boat from Campgrounds to Magic Kingdom at night...
Go to Downtown Disney...
Sit on beach at Polynesian in Hammock and watch water parade abd Wishes..:)

Hi Dana!!!

I gotta say, someone else said this too... I LOVE people watching... its really quite easily one of the creepiest things... but its just so funny some of the things you'll catch people do when they don't think people are watching...

Also, to the person that said jelly beans everytime before POTC... I'm absolutely stealing that... that's a great idea to HAVE to get some kinda candy before a ride like that... nice and relaxing... I think I'd really enjoy some jelly beans on that ride... this thread has meaning now!

maggiegrace1

Dukeblue1016 said:
Hi Dana!!!

I gotta say, someone else said this too... I LOVE people watching... its really quite easily one of the creepiest things... but its just so funny some of the things you'll catch people do when they don't think people are watching...

Also, to the person that said jelly beans everytime before POTC... I'm absolutely stealing that... that's a great idea to HAVE to get some kinda candy before a ride like that... nice and relaxing... I think I'd really enjoy some jelly beans on that ride... this thread has meaning now!

People watching is fun...
and of course you have to make fun of people...
but you know what...all those people are doing the same thing to you as you walk by also....:lol: ..Guess it evens out....:)

Dwarful

Oh so many things...so little time...but the things we must do or it feels like we were cheated somehow are:

-at least one character meal w/the girls
-CoP at least once
-TTA usually more than once
-CBJ
-Hall of Presidents
-Ride the monorail
-Dole whip
-Biergarten
-ice cream curb side waitin' for the parade at MK
I'm sure their are others that I'll think of later

I have to eat at the Pinnochio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, and the ESPN Club before I leave Disney. I also have to watch Illuminations at least twice and purchase a Disney CD to listen to on the way home.

"Because GE brings great things to life, in just 10 minutes, Illuminations Reflections of Earth will light up the sky over World Showcase."

JCorduroy

First post - been lurking for a couple months now. :)

Wife and I are annual passholders, so we do a lot of random stuff - but the things we always do if we're there for more than a day are:

- Mickey Head On a Stick ice cream bar
- WEDWay Peoplemover
- Wishes from the bridge in Tomorrowland
- A visit to the Polynesian
- Monorail
- Safari at AK (First ride we went on together)

Oh - and can someone tell me what the heck a Dole Whip is? :p

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
maggiegrace1 said:
People watching is fun...
and of course you have to make fun of people...
but you know what...all those people are doing the same thing to you as you walk by also....:lol: ..Guess it evens out....:)

thats actually very funny because I just went to the beach Saturday with two of my buddies... and the closest beach to us is... mostly (i hate to use this word...) white trash... I mean, just a lot of like these 16 year old girls barely wearing anything, and 18 year old guys smoking buts in their wife beaters cheating out these young girls... i mean, its like 50/50 of these people and then your average joe... but thats a high percentage...

ANYWAYS... we drove up and down the strip twice looking for parking, literally harassing (to ourselves) every person we saw... and we kept saying "poor anyone who isn't us" since we're just making fun of them... but then, we got out after finding a spot, and are walking along... and I'm like "do you realize all these cars are probably cracking joke about us... about something... (and this is when I realized I was carrying a bright orange beach towel... and KNEW i was getting harassed

just a funny side story i thought...

tracyandalex

1) alex makes us to the hat pictures too
2) eat a chocolate mickey rice crispy treat poolside, for alex it's the premium bar
3) ride the monorail
4) have a character meal

that's all we can think of for now

tracy & alex

rileyspaw

- find and then touch our LEAVE A LEGACY plate at EPCOT:king:
- find that bench near CINDERELLA's CASTLE where my son proposed to our wonderful daughter-in-law of 10 years!:kiss:
- get an Apple Struedel at the Main Street Bakery:slurp:
- take a picture of our safari truck driver at AK:wave:
- trade DISNEY pins with any and all CM's
- do at least one character meal even though my wife and I are both in our middle to late 50's:slurp:
- wait to hug MICKEY no matter how long the line!:sohappy:
- feel very sad when leaving the last park on the last day of our vacation:cry:

GrimmGhosts999

good topic...before I leave, I have to:

-eat a Dole Whip
-eat a turkey leg
-eat a Mickey Mouse ice cream cookie sandwich
-ride the monorail
-shop @ World of Disney
-eat a cheeseburger @ Umbrella cafe (EPCOT)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom