The Theming Games! (a competition hosted by TGFF)

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Here's A Little Teaser For A challenge that you may find In the final thing.
TOUR DE SPRINGFIELD
1016293-qa-director-sylvain-chomet-talks-simpsons-couch-gag.jpg

more info later on

Outbound

THE CAROUSEL OF TOMORROW
AN EVOLUTION OF THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS

(Reading Music)
The beloved Carousel of Progress has one major flaw: time. No matter how often it is updated, the final, "future" segment of the attraction always becomes outdated and must be replaced. Rather than refurbish the Carousel yet again, Imagineers devised an alternative approach, looking to Disneyland Paris' model for Tomorrowland -- setting the future not in the present, but in the past. By purposefully showcasing a future that will no longer be, the ride -- now called the Carousel of Futures -- will never become outdated.

Although the settings have been completely overhauled, the general structure for the attraction remains: John Progress tells guests all about the wonderful time they live in, while his various family members demonstrate. The attraction begins in the Steampunk Tomorrow, a whimsical Steampunk world with Airships, Brass Automatons, and silly over-the-top Rube Goldberg machines. It then transactions to the Retro Tomorrow, the future Walt Disney envisioned: flying cars, robot house cleaners, and underwater housing. Next, there's the Cyberpunk Tomorrow, a massive city of neon lights, fancy eyewear, and a cool robo-dog. We finally transition to the Utopian Tomorrow, representing our present hopes and dreams. This tomorrow coexists with the environment, has full access to the internet, and is dedicated to humanity's pursuits as one united planet. Hopefully, this attraction recaptures the essence of the original while also introducing a modern yet timeless message.

1586804959064.png

1586804971672.png

1586804982381.png

1586804992014.png

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
THE CAROUSEL OF TOMORROW
AN EVOLUTION OF THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS

(Reading Music)
The beloved Carousel of Progress has one major flaw: time. No matter how often it is updated, the final, "future" segment of the attraction always becomes outdated and must be replaced. Rather than refurbish the Carousel yet again, Imagineers devised an alternative approach, looking to Disneyland Paris' model for Tomorrowland -- setting the future not in the present, but in the past. By purposefully showcasing a future that will no longer be, the ride -- now called the Carousel of Futures -- will never become outdated.

Although the settings have been completely overhauled, the general structure for the attraction remains: John Progress tells guests all about the wonderful time they live in, while his various family members demonstrate. The attraction begins in the Steampunk Tomorrow, a whimsical Steampunk world with Airships, Brass Automatons, and silly over-the-top Rube Goldberg machines. It then transactions to the Retro Tomorrow, the future Walt Disney envisioned: flying cars, robot house cleaners, and underwater housing. Next, there's the Cyberpunk Tomorrow, a massive city of neon lights, fancy eyewear, and a cool robo-dog. We finally transition to the Utopian Tomorrow, representing our present hopes and dreams. This tomorrow coexists with the environment, has full access to the internet, and is dedicated to humanity's pursuits as one united planet. Hopefully, this attraction recaptures the essence of the original while also introducing a modern yet timeless message.

View attachment 463295
View attachment 463296
View attachment 463297
View attachment 463298
So it’s basically the first half of horizons. Neat.

Orange Cat

Actually I’ll drop out. I’d give a reason, but the only thing I can come up with is that I’m really just not invested in this & I don’t wanna drag anyone who would have been my teammate(s) down

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Is this a time-sensitive challenge? I'd love to join, but I think I'm living in a different timezone from you all so that might make coordinating things difficult.

Outbound

okay, how about we make this more of a voluntary open prompt thing, rather than a competition. it seems like this things is falling at the seams.

I think the problem is everyone is tired from SA6 and to start up again after three months of fast paced competition is hard. I know when I finished SA5 I didn’t want to do another competition for a long time.

I think it would be smarter if you pushed this back a month or two. Allow itself to build hype, and let the dust settle from the last game. Then you should have enough for proper teams.

tcool123

I think the problem is everyone is tired from SA6 and to start up again after three months of fast paced competition is hard. I know when I finished SA5 I didn’t want to do another competition for a long time.

I think it would be smarter if you pushed this back a month or two. Allow itself to build hype, and let the dust settle from the last game. Then you should have enough for proper teams.
Hey I know I'm not on here as often as I used to be. Made an extremely short lived run on the most recent season of SAS6, but prior to that, back in my hey day, we would see back to back competitions and this held evident. People were exhausted, and many competitions would just peter out from people being exhausted and drained. I think it be wise to listen @Outbound , and allow for the community to rest as it'll allow for everyone to recharge and be ready for the next competition :D

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Hey I know I'm not on here as often as I used to be. Made an extremely short lived run on the most recent season of SAS6, but prior to that, back in my hey day, we would see back to back competitions and this held evident. People were exhausted, and many competitions would just peter out from people being exhausted and drained. I think it be wise to listen @Outbound , and allow for the community to rest as it'll allow for everyone to recharge and be ready for the next competition :D
Alright, I will. The contest will be delayed until June.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom