Trip Report The Shortest Trip Ever ? 3 hours?

Alright so here goes:

I had a conference in Orlando this past May 4th weekend. We (me, wife, DS, and DD) drove in Friday night and set up shop in the Holiday Inn International Airport (nice hotel and under $100 bucks if you need one right by the airport with shuttle to airport and cruise lines). I had conference all day Saturday so the other three went to MK and Epcot. They had a good time. Experienced several attractions and enjoyed the day and were getting ready for bed when I got back from my day.

Sunday morning I head back out to my conference. Short morning and I'm done by 11 and we are off to MK again! YAY! We park in the villains side in Jafar and away from the trams. Knowing about the new tram drop off we skip it use on the side roads and are at the ttc in no time beating the tram traffic. Everyone crowds the first couple of bag checks and we walk down to the end and right in. Score another one for the home team! Here is where things start to head south. Express monorail is down. Pretty good line for the resort monorail so we head to the ferry. One is just pulling out so we have to wait some time for the next. They have you crammed in like cattle down there no with some new construction project underway. But we cross on the ferry and find a turnstile with no wait and walk right end.

We then proceed to fantasyland as it says there are low (10 mintue) waits on the carousel and philharmagic but when we arrive both lines are long so we head to little mermaid. Longest wait I have had there but still only 25 minutes. The line was actually backed up past the waterfall and they had all of the inside que lines open. Saw a part of the que I had never been in before.

As we exit we head to Barnstormer for our first FP. My DS loves it and I'm trying to get him to like bigger rides so I try to ride it with him whenever possible. My DW also likes riding it with him. It has started sprinkling but we have our rain coats so no big deal. Just as we reach the CM who tells you which stall to go in to they shut down the ride. We head in to Big Top where my DW and DD are hanging out and its starts raining pretty good. It lets up after about 10 minutes and we have our coats on so we decide to pop over to Pooh and use one of our now two multiple experience FP we have. (Jungle Cruise was also down). We park the stroller and get in line and just then the skies open up. Before we can ever get out of line and seek shelter all four of us are totally soaked and my DD and DS are crying it is raining so hard. See @Tuvalu spring break trip report for a picture. I know she was there yesterday after reading her report earlier.

Dont try to seek shelter from rain in the Pooh gift shop, CM's were telling people to move out because it is the only exit for the ride. We were totally soaked and would have moved out quickly if the downpour wasn't freaking my children out. It did lighten up so at that point we decided it just wasn't our day. We got the kids in the stroller (yes we have a rain cover) and head back to the entrance. Let me give you another peice of advice. If there is any heavy rain at all do not use the path next to Cheshire cat/Brace meet and greet back to the hub. The water was literally up over my ankles. The water was over the stroller wheels. Good thing the only thing in the bottom of the stroller was an empty popcorn bucket. Come to think of it I think @Tuvalu might have a picture of this in a previous trip report as well.

If only we would have know Tuvalu was at the park we might have tried to find her before we left and have her brighten our day! At least we didn't wait long for the resort monorail to take us back to the TTC. The express was packed. Maybe it was still having problems? We dried off and headed back for home. And thus ends the least satisfying MK experience of my life. Hopefully the next one will be better.

If anyone is intersted here is a picture of the Tron construction from the que of Barnstormer. Maybe I could sell it to one of the disney news sites. The one that shall not be name already has one almost exactly like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom