The Seas with Nemo & Friends vs Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
seas-with-nemo-and-friends-00.jpg
under-the-sea-journey-of-the-little-mermaid-new-00.jpg

Sbk1234

The Seas With Nemo and Friends loses nearly all their points since they took over The Living Seas, really lowering the quality of that pavilion, imho. The loss of the hydrolators (such a simple little thing, really) really diminishes the over all experience.

danyoung56

The Seas With Nemo and Friends loses nearly all their points since they took over The Living Seas, really lowering the quality of that pavilion, imho. The loss of the hydrolators (such a simple little thing, really) really diminishes the over all experience.
I could not agree with you more. The suspension of disbelief with the hydrolators was so much fun. Occasionally one of the exit elevators would open both doors at the same time. Even though I knew I wasn't really 75 feet underground, it would still throw me a little to break the illusion. I like the new ride, but it still isn't the same as going down to the deep lab.

NelleBelle

While the hydrolators were cool, I just remember there being a line and waiting for them and then being crammed in with a ton of other people. I appreciate the ambiance it created but since having kids, I know that they definitely would've preferred Nemo more (they weren't around for the previous Living Seas attraction). I know that they're defnitely had a better appreciation for undersea life, reefs, even to wanting snorkel on trips, from the Finding Nemo movies. For our family, we definitely have more a nostalgia for the Nemo attraction (especially since our 1st son's nursery had a mural of the reef from Nemo).

But since we're comparing Nemo vs. Little Mermaid, I love the Little Mermaid, ever since I saw the movie as a kid, but that ride is hideously done and just appears cheap. At least with Nemo, you exit out to the aquarium and exhibits. Mermaid the line is long (why??) and half the AA are not working, it's short, and then it's done. As a mother of boys, I'm sure when they were young, they would frankly have not have cared for this ride. I make them ride it now just because I love t torture them 😉

Magenta Panther

I remember how interested I was to see the Nemo ride - and how disappointed I was when I rode it and it was full of unconvincing screens. Not for a minute did I feel I was underwater. LAME.

Little Mermaid has some good animatronics (Ariel and Ursula), but it comes off as cheap with its static fish glued on walls and the weird "ending". Also lame.

After being stuck in the bubble tunnel 2x (the worst place to get stuck on nemo LOL) - my vote goes to TLM. Plus, the black-light effect is my favorite, especially in the under the sea room.

JIMINYCR

Under the Sea. More things going on with variety of animatronics, colorful sights, musical pieces and lengthy ride through. Ursula is delightfully menacing.

Goofyernmost

One is a dark ride and one is an aquarium. Nothing to compare except one is more a themed entrance and the other is a complete dark ride. Live fish vs. plastic fish.

Dayma

I find them hard to compare. Feels like Nemo is just a fun way to get into the aquarium , which feels lifeless at times.

LittleMerman

Mermaid! I know it gets a lot of hate but I love it. I'm a fan of dark rides and this one is so adorable. It's not perfect but neither is Nemo. Plus TLM is my favorite movie haha.

Nemo is really, really cute and I love the projections in the tanks with the real fish. It's mostly just screens though and Mermaid has actual sets, props, and animatronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom