The Really For Real Deal With Sharing Memory Maker?

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
We have a big group (~20) going down in the fall on four different reservations. We'll all have Magic Bands. The math all of a sudden starts looking pretty good for sharing Memory Maker in our case. I think I'm pretty clear on the regular Photopass photos: all families get on each others' friends and family list online, the person who actually buys Memory Maker can download the entire group's photos, then distribute them. It gets hazy, though, with ride photos/videos. I have seen some people say that it works the same, some people say that the person with Memory Maker has to actually go to the ride within 24 hours to link the photo/video to Memory Maker, some people say no go, etc. What's the deal?

FrostyNaples

The key is to have friends and family linked in MDE. :D That is all.

All ride photo's have been automatically uploaded to our accounts as of the last 3 trips in the past 12 months.

Never mattered who's band was scanned, etc.

Wear those magic bands!

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster

All ride photo's have been automatically uploaded to our accounts as of the last 3 trips in the past 12 months.

Never mattered who's band was scanned, etc.

Wear those magic bands!
I'll wear my magic band... I've got my tin foil hat on as well to keep them out of my brain!

Are ride videos uploaded automatically, or are those special?

Rob562

An additional key is to make sure the other people go into their accounts and make sure to check the box next to the MemoryMaker purchaser's name that says something to the effect of "This person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos".

Most rides auto-link using the Bands, but it doesn't hurt to also scan the touchpoint under the preview monitor. Saves the trouble of trying to go back later to find an unlinked missing photo. (Worst case scenario, each pic shows up on your account twice)

-Rob

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
Mine Train is automatic, not sure about Tower.

There are seedier corners of the WDW Interwebz where totally unrelated parties gather to share their reservation information, link up on MDX, and share the cost of MemoryMaker. Completely disgusts me.
Yeah, if I need to save money THAT bad, I just won't buy any Photopass photos. Some people feel like they "deserve" things when they really don't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom