The Problem With Disney Today

Butnubb

Original Poster
There are very few things that i don't see eye to eye with disney. For one thing, Disney World, Land, Cruise line, etc. are geared to be family destinations. How is a family of five livin off a small income expected to be able to afford such a magica place? please tell me this. I am saying that the company is at falt here. With the ticket prices sky-rocketing and the food prices following not far behind, when ill it stop. There is no possible way that they need to charge that much for an entry ticket. This is where they start to get greaty. Even still we all line up like robots to purchase said tickets and don't complain a bit. But something has to be done. the company isn't thinking about the good old "Disney Magic" anymore it is all about money. Even Mickey Mouse himself would sell his left arm if the price was right. that is not how i feel an establishment like Disney should be. The company should be ashamed. i am sure that Walt is. I doesn't have to be like this.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland with the idea of making money."
Walt Disney

brisem

I understand what your saying but you have to take somethings into consideration. The cost to run the parks--the rides and entertainment..
If you look at the cost compared to other vacation places. Disney isn't that much more. For my family-2 adults, 10yr, 8 yr and 11mos(went we go in July) is costing $2k for tix and lodging. When we go Myrtle Beach,SC to cost for lodging and entertainment run about $1600 and I believe you get more with Disney.
With the new pricing plans, you can probably get a week in Disney for cheaper than my Myrtle Beach example.
You also have consider that Disney is a Corporation, they make money for their investors. That's the job of any corporation.

wdwmaniac

Disney is a company that has stockholders to please (I am one of them). You have to also think how much it cost to run these parks, the building of one is in the Billions, plus new rides like Mission running I heard $200 Million. They have to pay it off some how. There are some other areas Disney could work on but I think Theme Parks aren't one of them.

TheDisneyGirl02

Well, I don't think Mickey Mouse would sell his right arm...Mr. Eisner maybe.

As far as food prices go, yes it's expensive, but no more expensive than any other amusement park in the USA. I live not too far from Six Flags Great Adventure. I haven't been there for a few years, but when I went last it was VERY expensive, much more than Disney for food. My sister went last May and for lunch of Chinese food and a soda, it was nearly $12! That's just for one person!

I love Disney even though it might be expensive. I'll still visit yearly!

TheDisneyGirl02

Enderikari

One more thing....
Let's say Disney follows your advice, and drops the ticket prices to about $20 a person (even $30 a person).... You think the parks are crowded now? Lines for attractions would be ridiculous, you could conceivably spend 5 hours waiting in a single line, fastpasses would be comptely distributed 1 an hour and a half into park opening... Would this be, in your eyes, a more "magical" experience?

wannab@dis

There are two things are work here... supply & demand and competitive pricing. The demand is there for the prices they charge. Also, the price is the same as Universal, Sea World and other comparable parks. Lastly, don't just look at the single day entry cost, look at the cost for 5 day hoppers. They are considerably cheaper than other parks per day.

Sure, it's expensive to go, but it is also a business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom